AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can I increase my conversation rate?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to Google Ad Words and I now want to be able to increase my conversation rate. I work fora hand carved fireplace company and want to incresae traffic to our website. How and waht do I need to do to improve my conversations?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I increase my conversation rate?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Natasha R,

Here is the article from Google Help Center. I would highly recommend you to read this article and come up with your account specific questions! Smiley Happy

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404198?hl=en

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Natasha,

First you need to know how to setup conversion tracking in AdWords. When you run a campaign with the conversion tracking in place, you'll be able to see the reports for all activity and know exactly what keywords and ads are best for your conversions.

You should also have in mind the landing page experience is vital to sucsseed. AdWords is fantastic to bring highly targeted traffic to your website, but without a proper landing page, conversion might be poor.

I suggest you read AdWords help on Setting up conversion tracking.

Diogo

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Natasha,

Since you are new in this field, my first suggestion would be to work on your basics and make sure that you are doing the basics right. Once basics are in place, they tend to make a strong account structure for you.

As rightly said above, you should have conversion tracking in the right place so that you are able to measure how well your visitors are converting into customers for you.

Your aim should not only be the increased traffic but a targeted traffic so that there are low bounces and more people are likely to convert for the business you are serving.

I would definitely suggest you to download this PDF and go through it atleast once to make sure what you are doing is right: http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en//adwords/pdf/step_by_step.pdf

Also read this reference for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375509?hl=en

My couple of cents!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Natasha,

Agreeing to what my friends have said, here are some suggestions from my side.

1) According to me, there are three important aspects of Adwords when it comes to conversion. They are: Landing Page 2) Keywords 3) Ad Copy.
2) All these aspects are inter-related and call for streamlined approach to maintain balance amongst them. As you said, you are new to Adwords, I would suggest spending some time in understanding the concept and how it works.
3) As conversion is your target, does your website have enough traffic to convert? Are you tracking Google Analytics for the same?
4) Do you have very specific target in mind in terms of – customers, keywords and geographies? This distinction will help you come up with stable and precise Adwords strategy.
5) It is advisable to display a similar marketing message across the channels like landing page, ad copy, etc.
With all basics in mind, some precise marketing strategies will help you attain your goals.

Kapil M

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I will tell you that right from the start make sure that you have conversion tracking installed.  Without that you will have no way of tracking conversions. If you use Wordpress for your website then you can install a plug-in for conversion tracking and this will allow you to install conversion tracking easily.  Just search under the Wordpress plugin section for "Adwords Conversion Tracking" and it will come up or you can also use the All-In-One SEO plug-in and that will have the feature that makes it easy to add conversion tracking.