AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can I improve my PLA placement? I see no way to optimize.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I oversee 14 individual AdWords accounts, one for each of our brands.  I have connected the GMAs and successfully uploaded feeds with descriptions, however I need to improve our placement in the PLA listing. What area can I focus on to optimize?  Product Description in the feed or something within the AdWords PLA campaign? I've researched and still don't understand.  Help is appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I improve my PLA placement? I see no way to optimize.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

As far as I've noticed, titles matter (the match between the search term and the title). Most likely the description also has some influence. And then, of course, the bids.

If you start seeing irrelevant search terms, prepare to counter them with negative keywords, just as in regular search campaigns.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hopefully an average postion is in the works to assist with setting bids. Definitely use negative keywords as previosly stated. If you haven't created AGs for each product you could try that (if even feasible in your case) using the unique id from the product feed. We initially just threw up the Ad Groups according to brand/category without a way of knowing what individual products were performing well. I'd try that and hope for an Ave Pos stat to come asap.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Titles matter indeed, but have you diversified them properly? try grouping them in a way that should be able to tell what's going on, so you know what your items are so you can bid higher, and smarter...

(try adwords_group etc.)