AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can I improve Dynamic Search Ad ranking?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Basically, subj. CTR 10%+, auto CPC is around £0.1, max CPC is set at £0.5, average ad position - 2.2. I would like to put the ad higher up the list - any hints?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I improve Dynamic Search Ad ranking?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Can you clarify if you are specifically talking about the Dynamic Search ads here where you don't enter any keywords and Google automatically picks up the keywords based on your website and show ads?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I am talking about Dynamic Search Ads, where I specifically add dynamic targets etc. - it works, but I want my ads average position to be higher than 2.2.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

DSAs are primarily dependent upon how well your site is indexed on Google search results and how it is performing organically. It also depends upon what type of site you have and whether it is suited for this advanced Adwords technique or not.

To optimize this campaign, you need to review the search terms regularly and trace out the unwanted terms and include them as negatives.

Additionally, it also depends upon what your dynamic ad targets are and how well they are performing.

Read more on how to further optimize DSA campaign here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3250825

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My targets are based on URL containing specific word, the website is structured that way and is in top 5 in organic search. 70K+ pages on a website, so it does suit DSA. Also, I am OK with the search terms - no rubbish there, the system works, CTR is high enough. I just thought you know how the ranking algorithm works in case of DSA and what it takes to put the ad on the top spot. Thanks anyway.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello,

The Ad auction process remains similar as per Google notes. You should have competitive dynamic ad target Max. CPC so that your ad competes well during the ac auction.

I would suggest you to continually optimizing your dynamic ad targets so that your ad achieve good position.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471185?hl=en&ref_topic=3119126

Also, you can include the negative keywords by reviewing the search terms report. Although this type of campaign doesn't have any keywords but still you can review your search queries and include negative keywords and work accordingly.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do not need any negative keywords so far - as I said all search queries are relevant. I doubled max CPC instead, now ads are on top, solved.
However, what do you mean when you say "Although this type of campaign doesn't have any keywords" - sure you can enter them manually. Don't have to, but DSA campaign do have keywords or I am missing something?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Vladislav K wrote:
I do not need any negative keywords so far - as I said all search queries are relevant. I doubled max CPC instead, now ads are on top, solved.
However, what do you mean when you say "Although this type of campaign doesn't have any keywords" - sure you can enter them manually. Don't have to, but DSA campaign do have keywords or I am missing something?

No, DSA do not require entering keywords manually. Depending upon the search query, Google will automatically show your ad based on your website content.

But at the same time, you can see which search queries were targeted by Google and if they aren't relevant, you can add them as negatives.

Read more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471185?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Looks like you misread my post. I am not saying that DSA must have keywords. You said this type of campaign does not have any keywords. I pointed, they can, like, you have an option to enter them manually, if needed. There was a time when no Keyword tab was available for DSA, it is different now. And please, say no more about negative keywords, I understand your obsession, I appreciate this feature, but it is not what I was asking =)
Anyway, issue is solved by different mean, thanks for the valuable input.