AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can I have my company appear first when a customer googles a keyword associated with our busines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I used adwords last year, our busness would appear first when a customer would google a keyword associated with our

business.  Now our business appears second.  How can I get our business to come up No. 1 again.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I have my company appear first when a customer googles a keyword associated with our bus

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi tammygreene99 and welcome to the forum.  Adwords Ads are shown in the order in which they win a kind of "auction".  The Ad with the highest rank comes in at the #1 position.  The equation that decides the rank of an Ad is - broadly speaking - based upon two factors; your Max CPC (maximum cost-per-click) setting and your Quality Score (a measure of relevance).

To hit the #1 spot you normally have two choices; increase the maximum CPC and/or increase your Quality Score (if possible).  You can read more about Ad Rank here:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722122

However, I would ask you also to consider whether it's worth chasing the #1 spot.  Being #1 is almost certainly going to cost you more per click than being #2 and, depending upon how much more and what profit margins you have and what daily budget, it may be beneficial to sit at the #2 spot and let someone else pay more than you for fewer clicks per buck...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: How can I have my company appear first when a customer googles a keyword associated with our bus

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello tammygreene99; welcome;

We had an interesting discussion  about  this topic, during the holidays; Highly recommended;

Maintain 1st rank on ppc on every search

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’