AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can I get more placements apart from Display planner?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
My name is Shashank. I have one concern regarding placements. I want to add more placements I have got less placements from display planner. So, How can I get more placements apart from Display planner?

Re: How can I get more placements apart from Display planner?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Shashank,

To maximize the placements your banner ads show on, it is best to use a different targeting option than placements. Choosing specific placements can inadvertently eliminate the other placements as targeting options to show for.

It is best to use other targeting options such as demographics, keywords, interests, contextual targeting, in-market audiences, etc.

Let me know if that helps!

Nick

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
If you're running a branding-style campaign & want your ads to reach a wide number of websites & users then I agree with Nick that a placement campaign may be too restrictive.

But if you want highly relevant sites to drive conversions then Placements are the best option. Targeting using keywords and/or Topics can provide very mixed results in terms of site relevancy, you'll likely get loads of irrelevant sites which you'll need to manually prune.

Regards,

Paul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Nick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Paul