AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can I find out the sizes that my display ads were shown in?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I used Google's ad creation tool to create my display ads, which means I did not upload ads in various sizes. How do I find out which sizes Google displayed the ads in? I.e., Were they mostly 300 x 250, or 160 x 600, and so on? The "Ads" tab shows only one line per ad, without breaking it down by ad size.

Hope my question is clear. Thank you.

Re: How can I find out the sizes that my display ads were shown in?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
Yes, you are half right. We can't break down the ads by their size. But just under the ads column, below each ad image you used, you can see both the ad-name(if you have used any, otherwise it's blank) and ad-size.

Hope it helps !!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your response. Where can I find the ad image? The Ads column (under the Ads tab) shows only a link to the full size version of the ad. It doesn't show the ad sizes. Should I be looking somewhere else for the size info? Thank you.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Please refer to the the image below.  I needed to erase some my ad's content but still it would help you understand the point. "L..M..E.." indicates the name of the ad and below it you can see the ad size.

Ad size.png

Hope it helps !!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for taking the time to put up the image. It seems if you upload an ad, then Google shows the ad size along with its thumbnail. If you create the ad within Google, it doesn't show you the size. This is what Google shows me:

Automatic layout - classic design ad created 5/16/15
(HTML5)
Display ad
View full size display ad

That must be the explanation. I've been trying to upload a screenshot image in this reply, but I keep getting an "invalid HTML" error.