Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can I bulk edit my destination URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I want to test different landing pages for one of our adwords campaigns; I followed the discussion in other forums and already changed the settings in the adwords account to "create new ad if destination url is different). Now when I click on "make multiple changes" in the ad view, I import everything (campaign name, adgroup, Headline, desc1, desc2, display, destination URL) but then I have all of a sudden more than 4000 ads (before I had 140) instead of just the double as I actually just want to dublicate the ads with different dest. URLs. 

Does anyone know why this happens and what I do wrong?

Thanks in advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by AdWiser (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How can I bulk edit my destination URLs

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello, Katrin. Don't forget to select the "My data includes columns for campaigns and/or ad groups" option (top left).
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Katrin, probably you are working with google editor. I had similar problem when I was pasting all ads in all ad.groups separately. 
Why won't you use online version selecting all those ads. which you want to change, changing url and putting mark on "dublicate"? It will take 2 minutes Smiley Wink

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by AdWiser (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello, Katrin. Don't forget to select the "My data includes columns for campaigns and/or ad groups" option (top left).
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I tried Calin's solution and it worked! so easy, thanks a lot

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Glad to hear that, Katrin.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calin,

I went through your Blog it is very helpful... Thanks a lot