AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How can I add keywords containing location name in them?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Well  am using adwords for different cities. One of my target location is Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.

Landing page: http://www.southerncargopackers.in

Since google doesn't allow adding location name in the keyword.So, how can I target those keywords containing location name in them?

Keyword: packers and movers andheri

I want to add the above keyword in my existing keyword list. How can I??

Any tips and suggestion would be most appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I add keywords containing location name in them?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

HI

"Since google doesn't allow adding location name in the keyword.So, how can I target those keywords containing location name in them?"

I am not entirely sure what you mean by this

I have several campaigns running with location names in them.

packers and movers andheri : You can add this keyword without any problems and if you have local presense there i think you should also add Location Extension

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Radha,

Google does allow keywords with location name. So you can add the keyword 'packers and movers andheri'

Find more info on how to add keywords in your adwords campaign in the below link.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2453980

And as you are in the movers and packers industry there are two types of people looking for your service.

1. People who look for movers and packers with in your service area.

2. People who search from out side your city for your services- For example a person in Delhi will be looking for a movers and packers service in Andheri)

So if you are creating city specific campaigns with a lot of generic terms, then make sure your using the deafault targeting option (under Settings - Location Option Advanced - Target)

People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location.

This will help you to show your ads to those people searching from outside your target location.

Find more details in the links below.

https://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722043

https://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722038

Hope this helps,

Info

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Radha389
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;

I will add to Info's and theniks' answers that, if you Geo-target a location, adding the location name as a keyword is a redundancy, unless two cases :

1. You offer your service in an area smaller than the targeted area. (In some countries, due to technological limitations, you can only target a region greater than the city boundaries.)
  2. You use the location in an "exact match" for bidding higher for this keyword. (e.g. [packers and movers andheri] - and you bid higher when this KW matches the search query.)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot "info" for replying.

Some of my keywords contain location name in them and none of them are running.I have select the broad match for them.

The reason google says for this is " The location terms in this keyword can affect where your ads show. Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You mean to say I have to use exact match to add location based keywords like packers and movers andheri??

Andheri is a small area in Mumbai city.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i also face the same problem , i am targeting some keywords in kolkata like "top mba institutes in kolkata" and "top mba institutes in kolkata" but my ad is showing on 2nd keywords not on first one . I can not find logic

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
@Mukesh G;
This issue is different from Geo targeting; Your keywords are competing, and the one with the higher ad-rank (or in other cases the most restrictive match type) - wins and will trigger the ad.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
what to do now with city keywords ? should i remove them ?