AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How ad words will record as conversion for multi channel function

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello all,

I have a doubt in my mind. let me explain first.

User clicked my ad copy and landed on PPC page and he closed the browser (my ad words cookies was set) and in the same session user converted through organic search result. In this scenario ad words interface will record the order for particular campaign or not? 

Thanks,

Satya

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How ad words will record as conversion for multi channel function

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

It will be attributed to the campaign in the AdWords interface, but in analytics ( where the MFC reports are located) it will be attributed to the organic channel. Read from here :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221

"

1. Attribution differences

AdWords will attribute a conversion to the last AdWords click only. On the other hand, for all reports except the Multi-Channel Funnel reports, Google Analytics uses a last click attribution model regardless of whether or not it was AdWords. For example, let’s say a visitor clicks on a creative from your AdWords account then returns the next day via a Google organic search result and reaches your Goal page or triggers a transaction. Google Analytics will attribute the Goal or Transaction to google/organic. AdWords will attribute the Goal to the AdWords campaign."

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

It will be attributed to the campaign in the AdWords interface, but in analytics ( where the MFC reports are located) it will be attributed to the organic channel. Read from here :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221

"

1. Attribution differences

AdWords will attribute a conversion to the last AdWords click only. On the other hand, for all reports except the Multi-Channel Funnel reports, Google Analytics uses a last click attribution model regardless of whether or not it was AdWords. For example, let’s say a visitor clicks on a creative from your AdWords account then returns the next day via a Google organic search result and reaches your Goal page or triggers a transaction. Google Analytics will attribute the Goal or Transaction to google/organic. AdWords will attribute the Goal to the AdWords campaign."

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Satya,

You are talking about 2 things here: Google Analytics and Google Adwords. Let me make one point clear that both platforms work differently and attribute the conversions, leads, sales differently as pointed above.

Better understanding of how it works follows in the reference link mentioned above by Adrian.

Pankaj