3.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How accurate is the Auction Insight Report? 2014

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 MCC accounts for clients who service in the same industry. So I have almost similar campaigns for them. Last week I saw something interesting or if not confusing when I pulled the Auction Insights report from both accounts.

The first Auction Insights Report that I pulled from Advertiser A account showed:  [1. Advertiser A is higher than B]. Though the other Auction Insight Report from advertiser B showed that, [2. Advertiser B is higher than A]. How could this be? I'm sure this can't be the actual case because one account has to be better than the other one in Search. How does Google calculate this? Becuase from my standpoint it's inaccurate. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How accurate is the Auction Insight Report? 2014

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Siyabonga,

I would be very interested to know the 'overlap rate' of both accounts and whether or not you have set up the accounts with the same structure, same keywords, same bids and similar adverts?

If the accounts are similar in terms of structure, keywords, bidding strategies and adverts then the performance of the accounts could be very similar to one another. I would also be interested to see what level you are viewing this report at.

When you say that one advertiser is "higher" than the other, which metric are you referring to here? The auction insight report compares average position, impression share, overlap rate, position above rate and top of page rate - It would be normal for both accounts to out-perform each other in different areas.

I hope that helps give you some insight, i'll check back periodically for replies.

Kind Regards,
Spike Patching

Re: How accurate is the Auction Insight Report? 2014

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Auction insight dada is accurate. However, I would analyze the data over a period of time not per "a single day"
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’