AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How To Capture 'non brand' traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

So, we do well for any searches which mention us by name (brand traffic) but we'd like to be a bit more agressive and try to capture (still very) relevant terms that don't mention our brand by name.

I've created a campaign but every keyword term has a very low quality score, many say 'Rarely shown due to low quality score' and it's costing me heavily.

Any suggestions how I can gain some taction with this campaign?

Many thanks

NIck

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: How To Capture 'non brand' traffic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nick,

You've stumbled upon the very nature of AdWords. It's our role to determine the keywords that are target audience is using to find our products or services.

You will know best what those keywords are and by using keyword research tools, you can further try to expand upon those lists.

Briefly, I'll suggest the following basic steps you can take (as a start):

- Make sure that your keywords are grouped into tight themes
- Make sure keywords are incorporated into your ads
- Use relevant landing pages that ideally match the theme of your keywords/ad groups

Think about the whole experience and put yourself into your prospects shoes.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nick,

Before moving forward, I suggest you try to find answers to below questions. I am sure that this will help you resolve your issues.

1) Is my landing page relevant to my ad copy?
2) Is my ad copy complements targeted keywords?
3) Am I using right keywords to reach out to my audience?
4) Am I using right keyword type?

Answers to these queries will help you find what's going wrong with your keywords and why are they performing badly. The idea is to deliver precise and stable user experience through ad copies, landing pages and keywords.

I hope this helps.

Kapil M

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nick,

You've stumbled upon the very nature of AdWords. It's our role to determine the keywords that are target audience is using to find our products or services.

You will know best what those keywords are and by using keyword research tools, you can further try to expand upon those lists.

Briefly, I'll suggest the following basic steps you can take (as a start):

- Make sure that your keywords are grouped into tight themes
- Make sure keywords are incorporated into your ads
- Use relevant landing pages that ideally match the theme of your keywords/ad groups

Think about the whole experience and put yourself into your prospects shoes.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nick,

Before moving forward, I suggest you try to find answers to below questions. I am sure that this will help you resolve your issues.

1) Is my landing page relevant to my ad copy?
2) Is my ad copy complements targeted keywords?
3) Am I using right keywords to reach out to my audience?
4) Am I using right keyword type?

Answers to these queries will help you find what's going wrong with your keywords and why are they performing badly. The idea is to deliver precise and stable user experience through ad copies, landing pages and keywords.

I hope this helps.

Kapil M