How To Capture 'non brand' traffic
So, we do well for any searches which mention us by name (brand traffic) but we'd like to be a bit more agressive and try to capture (still very) relevant terms that don't mention our brand by name.
I've created a campaign but every keyword term has a very low quality score, many say 'Rarely shown due to low quality score' and it's costing me heavily.
Any suggestions how I can gain some taction with this campaign?
You've stumbled upon the very nature of AdWords. It's our role to determine the keywords that are target audience is using to find our products or services.
You will know best what those keywords are and by using keyword research tools, you can further try to expand upon those lists.
Briefly, I'll suggest the following basic steps you can take (as a start):
- Make sure that your keywords are grouped into tight themes
- Make sure keywords are incorporated into your ads
- Use relevant landing pages that ideally match the theme of your keywords/ad groups
Think about the whole experience and put yourself into your prospects shoes.
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Before moving forward, I suggest you try to find answers to below questions. I am sure that this will help you resolve your issues.
1) Is my landing page relevant to my ad copy?
2) Is my ad copy complements targeted keywords?
3) Am I using right keywords to reach out to my audience?
4) Am I using right keyword type?
Answers to these queries will help you find what's going wrong with your keywords and why are they performing badly. The idea is to deliver precise and stable user experience through ad copies, landing pages and keywords.
I hope this helps.