AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How Google Assort Keywords in Lithuanian language.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to advertise using AdWords for my local business which is "lymph drainage massage" made by machines. In Lithuanian language it would translate "limfodrenažinis masažas"

1. In Lithuanian we do have some extra letters like ą, č, ę, ė, į, š, ų, ū, ž. Elder people who do not know how to set their keyword into Lithuanian language are using simple Latin letters: a, c, e, r, i, s, i, u, u, z instead.
So the same keyword can be written in two ways:
limfodrenažinis masažas or limodrenazinis masazas

So my first question is: How Google assort these two in different way written the same keyword? Do Google count them as different keywords so in my ad group I have to write them both? Or is it enough to have in my ad group only one of them?

2. In plural In English language usually is added at the end of keyword letter "s". For example: "lymph drainage massages", but in Lithuanian language we change keyword end, for example "limfodrenažiniai masažai".

Second question: Do Google Lithuanian singular and plural words count as separate or the same keywords? Do I need to create two ad groups for keywords "limfodrenažinis masažas" and "limfodrenažiniai masažai" or I can keep them in one ad group?

3. At the moment I us broad mach keywords, but I noticed that they competing and miscible one with another. For example I do have keywords "limfodrenažinis masažas klaipėda" (which describe the city where I provide massages in English it would be "lymph drainage massage klaipeda") and "limfodrenažinis masažas aparatu" (which describe that massage is made by machine, in English it would be "lymph drainage massage machine"). I do have these two keywords at the same ad group, and I noticed that when searcher writes keyword "limfodrenažinis masažas aparatu" and click my ad, somehow the click is counted to keyword "limfodrenažinis masažas klaipėda" and marked as broad mach keyword, for which I do have pay more for this click. Why it is not counted to keyword "limfodrenažinis masažas aparatu" which could be exact mach keyword and click costs would be lower for me?

Thank you for any answers.
2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gerimantas 4,

You may perhaps be unaware of an obvious, available option for posting your query in the Lithuanian AdWords Community. Find them here please:

***   AdWords-Forum-lt   ***

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!aboutgroup/adwords-forum-lt

Once you are there, please say hello for me to Milda Prušinskaitė from Vilnius, Lithuania. She is our Top Contributor there, also known as 

@mildaster to many English speaking forum members here in this forum.

Best,

Lakatos

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hey Gerimantas, 

#1 - Accents are covered as a close variation. As long as you're using broad or phrase matching you should be fine. Source: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en 

So to answer your question you should be fine but i suggest you create two versions of the keywords. One with the accents and one without so you can optimize accordingly. Perhaps the one with accents is a more valuable conversion or has a higher conversion rate and so you want to put a higher bid on it. 

#2 To prevent competing keywords avoid making too similar of keywords like plurals, AdWords knows to target these in broad and phrase and even sometimes exact match modifiers. 

Let me know if this answers your questions! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: How Google Assort Keywords in Lithuanian language.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi @Gerimantas 4,

Thanks for the question.

1. The thing with special Lithuanian characters is, they DO fall under simple Latin symbols. That means, if you have a keyword "limfodrenazinis masazas", the ad will be shown if someone's looking for "limfodrenažinis masažas" in Google. However, I always advise people adding all possible versions into their keyword lists because they ARE different keywords after all. I noticed this after having multiple versions of the "same" keyword and watching their quality scores being totally different. 

However, if you are using some dynamic keyword insertion, I wouldn't put the keywords without the Lithuanian characters in the same ad group where the DKI ads are used. This is because if the ad will insert a keyword without special characters, it will certainly look unprofessional. So if you're using dynamic keyword insertion, separate the ones without special characters and with them.

2. Same goes with plural/singular keywords. Although the ads are triggered by  any form, it's better to try adding both versions. 

3. Broad match keywords have a reason to be called "broad match" Smiley Happy If you want to use it effectively, be prepared to have a looooong list of negative keywords. If two keywords compete against each other (and it's a very common case when using the broad match), the one with the higher ad rank will trigger the ad. This is the reason you see the ads mixing up. Do try splitting them into separate ad groups and applying narrower match types, such as phrase match, exact match or at least BMM (broad match modifier). This last one is especially helpful if you don't want to limit yourself to phrase or exact match. You can read more about BMM here.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Milda Prušinskaitė

P.S. Hi @Lakatos Smiley Wink Hope you're alright!