AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How Does Dynamic Keyword Insertion Work in Dynamic Search Ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

Google defines Dynamic Keyword Insertion as

"AdWords will try to replace this code with one of your keywords in your ad group ("dark chocolate," "sugar free chocolate," "gourmet chocolate truffles"), but when it can't, it'll use the word "Chocolate." "

Then, how does it work with dynamic search ads as it's a keywordless campaign?

Thanks,

Freda

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Freda C
December 2015

Re: How Does Dynamic Keyword Insertion Work in Dynamic Search Ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Freda, I would suggest you run some test queries using the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool to see how the dynamic keyword insertion may be working. Even though you are not selecting the keywords yourself, Adwords is choosing to show your ads for specific keywords. You could also use the Search Term Report on the Keywords tab to see which exact queries your ads are showing for. I hope that helps.

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Freda,

Dynamic keyword insertion works differently from dynamic search ads because dynamic search ads also consider your landing page. From the Help Center page about Dynamic remarketing:

"We'll show your ad for relevant searches with dynamically generated text

When Google finds searches that are a match for your dynamic ad targets, it generates your ad's headline and landing page URL. This URL will link to the most appropriate page from your website. The headline is dynamically created from each matching phrase entered in Google Search, and from the title of the most relevant landing page used for the ad. Dynamic Search Ads can have longer headlines than other search ads, which improves their visibility. You control the description lines and display URL in your ads."

You can read more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471185?hl=en

Let me know if this answers your question,
Cassie

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This 2015 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

Thank you.