# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How Do I Build a Landing Page for Google Adwords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Nancy S,

It is a good practice to use separate landing pages other than normal website pages for AdWords ads. 

• Be it a product or service, highlighting salient features in points would be better than having paragraphs of info. 
  • Use a clear call to action - what you want a user to do after reaching the page. Include a form in a prominent position (mostly right side) if you consider form fill up as conversions. 
  • Include your phone number in a clearly visible manner if you like to drive phone calls
  • Make it mobile friendly, as it is very important these days
  • Never settle over any version, keep testing different versions of your page to see which one converts more

More info on landing page experience here.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: How Do I Build a Landing Page for Google Adwords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nancy,

Welcome to the community!

To build a landing page, you might want to look into these following certain aspects before your hands get dirty:

1. What is the goal?
In an ideal world, what would visitors do upon reaching your landing page? Would they buy something? Fill out a form? Sign up for a newsletter? Download an ebook? Toss aside their keyboard, break out a harmonica, and play a sweet blues rift? The first step for any strategy is determining goals. (You have to define conversions before you can track conversions.)

2. Who am I competing against?
Really it’s three questions: Who am I competing against, how are they succeeding, and how can I copy their success? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so if your competitors are doing something that works, you should go ahead and follow likewise. They’ll thank you for it (although that’s not a promise…)!

3. Who is my audience? 

And what are their hopes, dreams, and aspirations? As silly as that sounds, it’s true to some degree – the better you understand your audience, the more you can cater to their wants and needs. Unless you know who your ideal customers are, it will be very difficult to write persuasive copy in the voice of the customer. So get in your audience’s head, Hannibal Lecter-style.

4. How did they get to my landing page?

Consider changing your message depending on where your users come from – a different message might be appropriate for users who arrived at your landing page coming from Google vs. from Twitter or Facebook. Businesses with more landing pages (30+) generate 7x more leads than those with only a handful, so there’s no denying their value. Ideally you want a tailored landing page for each ad group, but that’s a pretty hefty operation, so start where you can. Try beginning with one custom landing page per campaign, and add from there for individual ad groups when resources allow.

And now you're ready to get started! When you build the landing page, make sure every details below are satisfied:

• Are short, sweet, and uncluttered
  • Provide high-quality content that inspires confidence
  • Have all roads lead to Rome
  • Make it easy to convert
  • Have a flawless design
  • Have a clear call to action
  • Create eye catching headlines
  • Contain engaging copy
  • Make it about the visitor
  • Make use of video where appropriate
  • Have an awesome offer
  • Are easy to scan at a quick glance
  • Contain relevant, quality images
  • Look gorgeous and act classy
  • Match the corresponding ad text
  • Only ask for the information they need
  • Use color to their advantage
  • Have clickable share buttons
  • Show raving testimonials
  • Are mobile friendly
  • Follow-up with a thank you page
  • Broadcast their trust signals
  • Are fast as Ferraris
  • Have been through many rounds of A/B testing
  • Have conversion tracking turned on

If you may wonder what tool that you can build a landing page easily, personally service providers like Strikingly, Wix, Weebly and so on all have great features to help realizing what I mentioned above.

Good luck and go get some conversions!

Best,

Jason