AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How Different match types work in single ad-group?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I want to know how different match type worked for our campaign? How our ads show for phrase, exact & braod modifier keywords? Can i use these all match types in one ad-group? Is it a good idea to experiment? How google choose my match type from all these match types? If I have keywords [fix website] & "fix website" & +fix +website .. which will be the best & how they work?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How Different match types work in single ad-group?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey,

All Matches have their own capability. Nobody can say which is the best untill you specify your goals and Target area.

if you want to cover your city and other things then broad match is best. Like you want to attract the person who is searching for Fix website developer.

If you want to target Only Fix website then exact match is best option. I am not sure what kind of targets you have. However I can't suggest the option here. But if I will face this situation then i will go with Broad Match with adding Negative keywords.

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
HI Mandeep S,

If a user seraches for 'fix website' then all of the above would be relevant, I'm sure we agree. The next step is that we look at the quality score and what the click would actually cost. We take the keyword with the highest quality score that would result in the lowest actual CPC. That is the keyword that we serve. So it's possible in this example that any of the keywords could win, it just depends which one has:

1. the highest quality score
2. the lowest actual CPC (remember, not the highest bid, but the lowest actual CPC)

Kathleen

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Kathleen,

Okay. !! But i want to say if someone search for fix website then for which keyword my ad will be shown from "fix website", [fix website] or +fix +website.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Search the community for "match types" and "broad match modifier". You'll find hundreds of discussions covering all strategies available.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

keywords are choosed in below preference order

Relevancy
Match type (exact then phrase and then broads were preferred)

bids and quality score.