AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How Conversion can happen without clicks?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Friends,

I am running an campaign for sometime and i received 2 conversions without clicks.

Please find the below snapshot,

conversions.PNG

How conversion can happen without clicks?

--

Regards,

S.Rajesh

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How Conversion can happen without clicks?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Joomla J,

What date range have you selected? If you are looking at today's data, it is likely incomplete. Are you tracking conversions with the AW conversion code, or with data imported from Analytics? That could make a difference in when conversions get posted. Sometimes the AW conversion code will show a conversion before the click.

If this is from a date range not including today, this probably doesn't apply to you.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: How Conversion can happen without clicks?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I see a fair share of this and I have 69 of these this year so far from all accounts I manage. It is noticeable of course only on low volume groups. There could be some conversions without clicks in other groups but they may have many clicks.

I don't know why this happens but I have a theory and the only one that makes sense. The click was determined to be invalid somehow and thus is not counted and no click cost incurs. It was obviously not invalid - the system is over-cautious - and the visitor from that click lead to a conversion. In effect, you are getting a free conversion. If you track revenues generated, you'll also see values in that column.