2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Hot to do bid adjustment in "Hour and day of the week" option

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hot to do bid adjustment when i selected  "Hour and day of the week"  i not able to see Bid Adjustment column in table??

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kunal singh k
September 2015

Re: Hot to do bid adjustment in "Hour and day of the week"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
To be able to set a bid adjustment you must first add the times you want to bid for to a custom ad schedule... once these time windows (days and hours) are identified as part of an overall schedule then you will be able to increase/decrease bids for them....

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kunal singh k
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
To be able to set a bid adjustment you must first add the times you want to bid for to a custom ad schedule... once these time windows (days and hours) are identified as part of an overall schedule then you will be able to increase/decrease bids for them....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks a lot @stickleback

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Stickleback,

How to do bid adjustment for scheduling time like between 1 PM to PM? I am getting an "Time periods overlap"error when setting up. Also, i am running campaign for 24hr.

Adschedule.PNG

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
OK - so time scheduling is done at the campaign level - but clearly you cannot have two schedules both running at the same time - otherwise Google wouldn't know which schedule to use.

So in this case you need three time slots - one for 00 - 12, one for 12-19 and a third for 19-00

The next question is going to be - why can't I simply run one time slot from 19 - 12 the next day... and this is because the segment from midnight to noon wouldn't be Monday any more, it would be Tuesday... so you have to have the time slots for each period of each day you want your ads to run.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for your answer Stickleback.