AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Historical Quality Score When Keyword is Moved

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am currently reorganizing an account structure and want to "move" some keywords to newly-created campaigns. Once the new campaigns are active, I will pause the old campaigns so no duplicate keywords will be active within the account. 

Question: Does Quality Score essentially "reset" when I put the keyword in a new place? Or is AdWords sophisticated enough to recognize the history within the same account?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anthony M
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Depends;

Generally the QS is reset;

>>"If it doesn’t affect user experience, it shouldn’t affect quality or Quality Score. Set up your account in whatever way lets you manage it best, and feel free to restructure things like campaign names or the number of ad groups as needed. There is no such thing as ad group-level, campaign-level or account-level Quality Score. Note also that breaking keywords into new ad groups or campaigns (without changing the ad text or landing page) has no effect on their Quality Score. But moving a keyword to a new ad group that has new ad text could change your Quality Score, because that can affect user experience."

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167132

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anthony M
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Depends;

Generally the QS is reset;

>>"If it doesn’t affect user experience, it shouldn’t affect quality or Quality Score. Set up your account in whatever way lets you manage it best, and feel free to restructure things like campaign names or the number of ad groups as needed. There is no such thing as ad group-level, campaign-level or account-level Quality Score. Note also that breaking keywords into new ad groups or campaigns (without changing the ad text or landing page) has no effect on their Quality Score. But moving a keyword to a new ad group that has new ad text could change your Quality Score, because that can affect user experience."

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167132

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

That makes sense, thank you. 

So essentially, if I move the keyword, I should apply the best practices I learned from its previous placement in order to gain a comparable or better Quality Score. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@anthony m;

>>"So essentially, if I move the keyword, I should apply the best practices I learned from its previous placement in order to gain a comparable or better Quality Score. 

I agree. Correct.