AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Historic factor in managing AdWords Account.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Could any one please tell me about the historic factor that affect campaign and account performance? For example, in some industries, even when you do everything optimising it, the campaign still remains very bad. I appreciate any idea. Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dongnq
September 2015

Re: Historic factor in managing AdWords Account.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello again ; the initial CTR you are given is an average among all advertisers for the same keyword, Only after the KW gains 1000 impressions on your campaign - the QS is based on your campaign's performances.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
I agree ; There are fields in which no matter what you do, you are still with low QS. My view is that the reason is relative QS, compared to other advertisers using the same KW . If others get low QS, even if your performances are better - it is  "better" relative to "others' low grade", and thus, you  get a slightly better QS, that in absolute terms is low.
Also keep in mind, that CTR is the major factor. If your CTR is low (relative to other advertisers) - your QS will remain low.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, at the begining of any campaign, we try to bid higher to gain the better position, then may gain the better CTR. But some campaign has really good CTR but the QS is still low? Is this any chance that the QS is not correctly updated?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dongnq
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello again ; the initial CTR you are given is an average among all advertisers for the same keyword, Only after the KW gains 1000 impressions on your campaign - the QS is based on your campaign's performances.