Guide Me
star_border

Hiring an Adwords professional

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I'm scared. I'm terrified. I'm stuck.

I need to hire an Adwords professional to optimize one account for me, and my budget is only $150.

The account is set up, it's working, but not great. I'm not looking for a miracle or an overhaul, just a tune up.

When reaching out, I'm being flooded with calls (hard to hear, hard to understand calls with bad VOIP connections and a lot of chatter in the background) excitedly promising me "1st page all the time for my domain name!"

Someone please rescue me : (

Jim

2 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Can you please give more details

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Such as.....?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Here is Google's guide for working with a third party; It's a good starting point;

Advertiser guide: working with third parties

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks! Now THAT's good help : )

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

As far as the promise of "1st page all the time for my domain name!", if you have any search volume for your brand terms, that's easy. In fact, you would have to actively work not to be on the first page of results for your brand terms. Smiley Happy

You can use the certified partner search, and search specifically for professionals in your area. Hopefully that would cut down on some of the bad connections and difficulty in communicating.

https://www.google.com/partners/#a_home

Tom

Re: Hiring an Adwords professional

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi Jim, 

Are you talking about Search Engine Optimization which tries to get you to the first page or are you referring to getting your ads on the first position. 

If its the latter any adwords expert can help you do that. with the former it will take you a couple of months and no one can assure you first page positions. 

regards,

Zaby 

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not include self-promotional links in your posts or signature. The use of a signature is a privilege reserved for members of the Google Top Contributor program

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jim L
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Jim L it might be worth seeing if we can't help you tune your Account from here without hiring anyone (yet).  We'll need a few more details, but you can keep them generic or just examples...

What is your primary goal?

How are you measuring that goal?

What, if anything, have you identified as your point of failure?

For example, if your goal is to drive sales of your widget, and you're measuring that goal by tracking sales, your point of failure may be that your return on investment is poor.

AdWords is a complex package but there are a lot of elements that can be made much better with some fairly easy fixes.  It's a bit like the differences between mixing sardines and custard, making a half-decent meal, and being a master chef.  It doesn't take much to get to the stage where things are "OK", but it takes a lot longer to become a real expert.  It may be you only need a couple of pointers to get you to the OK stage.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jon - thanks for the encouragement (just as needed as technical advice) 

- My primary goal is sign ups for approved continuing education credits offered at training at a physical onsite location valued at $1K 

- I'm measuring the goal through a simple Google Analytics page funnel of Landing  -> Sign Up -> Thank You Page AND a GA conversion.

- My point of failure seems to be lack of targeting?  Here's the stats 

26,003 118
clicks
0.45%
CTR

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Jim L sorry for the delay in replying, I took a sneaky vacation and have just returned...

From the figures you've shared I'd agree that targeting, or relevancy, or both, is an issue here.  There are no hard and fast rules about good or bad CTR, but 0.45% is pretty low, even for Display advertising.  Are you promoting on the Search network, Display network or both (Search with Display Select)?

If you're using Search, what match types are you using for your Keywords?  Are they broad (i.e. no quotes or brackets around them)?  Do you use negative Keywords?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits