AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

High "Lost to Rank"percentage on 10/10 Quality Scores.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey There,

I've just restructured an AdWords account and am noticing some odd Lost to Rank data. Our branded terms have 10/10 quality scores and average position of 1.5 and a 15% CTR but we are still seeing a 45% 'lost to rank."

Why would this be? Is it because the campaigns are new?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: High "Lost to Rank"percentage on 10/10 Quality Scores.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Most probably it is because the campaigns are new (as your QS is 10/10 and the average position is 1.5, there is no problem with your bids and QS).

Another thing to check here is the daily budget for the brand campaign.

Is there any IS loss due to budget?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
What is the exact mach impression share? - This is a better indication an to Impression share.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ross

What match types you are using for your brand keywords? If you are using broad match keywords then there may be chances that it is triggering some search queries which have lower quality score.

The quality score which you see in the Adwords interface is intended to give you a general idea of the quality of your ads with your keywords. There are some auction-time factors like actual search query which Google takes into consideration in deciding the quality score. I hope you are aware that Google calculates Quality Score each time an ad competes in an auction.

This can be a possible reason that you are getting an average position of 1.5 for your brand keywords, because in my case I remain on exact 1.0 average position for my brand keywords always.

So, try targeting different match types keywords in different ad groups with adding proper negatives and then check again for the same

My views!

Abhishek

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Moshe,

I see 50% and above exact match impression share for all other campaigns except this one campaign which shows only 25.73%.

Do you suggest I make some major changes to the Keywords or shall I let the campaign run as it is with few minor tweaks?

Regard,
Sheema

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
If QS is 10/ 10 with Avg. position of 1.5 and still have low exact match impr. share - you'll most likely have to raise the bid.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
0% lost to budget.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
93%. Exact match branded keyword has only 5% lost to rank (still unsure why it wouldn't be 0%)

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Exact match IS is high, 93%....