2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

High mobile, low desktop user traffic at a certain hour of the day

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all, we are a small travel company running 2 rounds of Adwords campaigns a day.

So yesterday, I have figured that the number of desktop and mobile users are balanced in the first round of ads, but in the evening ads desktop is really low, while mobile is satisfyingly good. 

I have 2 questions. First, is this because people prefer browsing on their mobile devices in the later hours of the day, or can it be because our average position is not as good in the evenings?

Second questions is, should I do some further optimization on my campaigns and try to increase my desktop traffic in this case, or since I have a good amount of mobile traffic already, should I focus more on that in the evenings? 

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Melis E
June

Re: High mobile, low desktop user traffic at a certain hour of the day

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Melis E,

I have 2 questions. First, is this because people prefer browsing on their mobile devices in the later hours of the day, or can it be because our average position is not as good in the evenings?

It may be lower ad positions due to high competition during late hours of the day.

So maintain bids high enough to keep the average ad position same.

You can use automated bidding, automated rule or bid adjustments.

You might need more better ad position during peak hours.

Note: Don't analyze the performance on a single day basis, use at least 2 weeks stats to analyze device performance.

If still you find any device performing poorly during specific hours of the day, use ad scheduling and bid adjustments with the ad scheduling.

Second questions is, should I do some further optimization on my campaigns and try to increase my desktop traffic in this case

You can test different ad positions for desktop/mobile devices to analyze which provides maximum ROI.

Also, make sure that your ads are relevant to the landing page and the keywords.

Other useful link:  Understanding landing page experience

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’