AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

High Quality Score,Bidding Well But Still Average Low Ad Position ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I bidding For Some Keywords 

Quality Socre:8

and Bidding Avove "The Top of the Page Suggested Bidding"

But Still Getting Low Ad Position

Average Ad Position: 9

Unable to Understand Why i am getting So Low Ad Position?

is there any other Suggested Technique to Improve Ad Position.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by KathleenG (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: High Quality Score,Bidding Well But Still Average Low Ad Position

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shiv,

Unfortunately, more and more, I'm seeing that these estimated bids that Google is sharing are useless. If you're QS 8, you're ads are relevant, you simply need to bid more. Position 9 is going to kill your campaigns, your CTR at that point is basically non-existent.

Here's an example of a very new campaign, Judge for yourself. These 5 KW are a bit on the general side but still in Phrase or Exact Match....look at these suggested bids, look at our average positions, look at what we're bidding and what we're actually paying per click. I say always trust your own data and do NOT rely on any estimates from Google. They do not always represent accurate information and when we send this info to clients...it looks really bad.

http://imgur.com/sgTkC8Y

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by KathleenG (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shiv,

Unfortunately, more and more, I'm seeing that these estimated bids that Google is sharing are useless. If you're QS 8, you're ads are relevant, you simply need to bid more. Position 9 is going to kill your campaigns, your CTR at that point is basically non-existent.

Here's an example of a very new campaign, Judge for yourself. These 5 KW are a bit on the general side but still in Phrase or Exact Match....look at these suggested bids, look at our average positions, look at what we're bidding and what we're actually paying per click. I say always trust your own data and do NOT rely on any estimates from Google. They do not always represent accurate information and when we send this info to clients...it looks really bad.

http://imgur.com/sgTkC8Y

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tommy, 

I had similar situations with QS of 9/10 keywords, top of page estimated bid 0.1 ron (my currency) yet I had to bid 2.2 ron to get to position 5.

Then I discovered a nice piece of information, that these estimates are only for the exact match variation, as confirmed by a person at google here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Est-First-page-bid-when-a-search-query-ex...

Can you confirm what KathleenG is writing there ? For example that these estimates are good only when looking at exact match keywords ?

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,

I wouldn't doubt that the exact match estimates are more accurate. That's how most of the keyword based tools work. Doesn't really help me much when I need to estimate budgets for accounts that rely something other than exact match keywords. Smiley Happy

I'm sure she's correct. From a quick look, they're a bit better for Exact match keywords...I can see some examples of that. Over time, I've observed some great results from Google's estimates and others have been way off. I may also have no idea how to use these tools "the right way". I'm just glad to have had experiences across so many verticals, I have a pretty good understanding of what we're going to be facing and set client expectations accordingly.

-Tommy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The way I managed to explain this weird thing to a client was by adding the exact match of the search term, when I received a click more expensive than the "Est. Top Page bid" of the initial keyword.

It proved that the new "Est. Top Page Bid" for that particular search term is higher, that is if google is not returning "low search volume" and the new keyword becomes useless.

Clients who look daily in their account are a real challenge Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi PPCBossman and Adrian B,
Thanx For Sharing your views. in my case i am bidding to my full extent(Can't Bid More then that) , is there any other solution or any optimization process?

Secondly I made a campaign but not getting even a single Impression, What Can Be The possible causes.
i am approaching same keyword different match type in different ad group to reduce my bid.
Any Suggestion?