Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

High Conversion but Very High CPC Keyword

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have a keyword that has been performing really well and I am getting max conversion through it, the quality score is 9/10 but the CPC is the highest compared to any keyword in all my campaigns combined. The CPC was very low earlier but once I saw results I used the Bid Simulator and increased the CPC, this simply caused the CPC to go even higher (conversion is still happening) resulting in this keyword eating 40% of my budget daily.

Please let me know folks the right approch for a keyword like this.

Thanks in advance,

Chris!

Re: High Conversion but Very High CPC Keyword

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the community

I can understand your situation. You havn't mentationed the keywords match type you are using.

If your are using broad or phrase or modified broad match type keywords then i will suggest you check the search term report & find out the negative keywords and add them to negative keyword list.

High CPC bid means the competition is very much high for the keyword .You can search for more relevent keywords with low cpc bid.

Our community experts may give you better suggestions..

Regards,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi forgot to mention its a broad match keyword also there are probably more than 40 keywords in that ad group. i know its wrong approch but since this keyword is working fine till now so I didnt touch this adgroup but now its taking all my budget hence looking for solution

please guide,

Chris

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, i got it.

Select those keywords that are eating up your budget and download their serch term report.Try to find out the irrelevent keywords and make them as negative.

I hope you know how to do this..Try to continue this process atleast once in a week.

I think it will help to reduce the cost.

Best of luck

Regards

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, thanks I am doing that!

One last question, what is the possibility, how can I find out if this keyword is not conflicting with anyother keyword / phrase in some other ad group of mine.

I will tell you where I am coming from, when I paused this keyword and after a while tried to do a search from some other device and network I found out that my ads are still running, it could be possible for some other keyword resulting in this show up. But could this also mean that it must have been conflicting with my previous keyword (which i have paused) making me pay more money.

Precisely what could be the method to find out if my keywords are not conflicting.

Thanks again for your help so far.

Chris

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris13
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

ok chris,

See if you have same match type keywords in different adgroups then honestly telling you this is not a good account management.There will always be a confliction  between your keywords.I suggest you to pause those keywords and use only one match type keyword.

But if you have same keywords with different match type then Adword will give prioty according to their match type

Let me clear this with an example :

Suppose you have three ad groups with same keyword but different match type

Adgroup A - [buy mobile] - ad copy A

Adgroup B- "buy mobile " - ad copy B

Adgroup C - buy mobile -Ad copy C

Now some one come to google and searches for  buy mobile  then adword will trigger the ad for the keyword [buy mobile],because it is exactly match with the visitor's search term.Now in case if you pause the Adgroup A then adword will give priority to the keyword "buy mobile" and so on.So in this case there will not be any conflction between your keywords.

Let us know you have any more confusion regharding this issues

Regards

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Suva,

As I understand, Google would pick up only the most / best relevant keywords for search and display ads accordingly.

Basis your advice I have activated that keyword again and have made the budget as just about average so that i do not end paying more.

thanks,

chris