6.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

High Clicks, CTR but Conversions down to almost ZERO

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are spending 10-15K per month on 2 google ads campaigns. We have always had a high CTR and High number of clicks, but for some reason these clicks are not converting. We have a high quality score for all of our keywords. Our landing page reflects our keywords and is relevant with a lot of useful information. Our conversion tracker is for contact form leads and is working as I tested it. We are in a very competitive field, but our ads are always within the top 3. This leads me to believe one of two things is going on: 1. Either google is ripping us off or 2. Our competitors are clicking our ads and running our costs up.

I am considering terminating our adwords as it is no longer financially feasible.

Your thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

Re: High Clicks, CTR but Conversions down to almost ZERO

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Michael,

If you are sure you are getting the relevant traffic, then you have to think about you landing page. Go have a look at some metrics in Google anayltics like bounce rate and in page analytics.

Bounce rate:- is the percentage of single-page sessions which the person left your site from the entrance page without interacting with the page. A high bounce rate can be caused by one or many different factors, you can check them out form the link below. However if you are getting getting low bounce rate and no leads, this means that the users are interaction with other content on the page rather than the lead form, in this case you have to remove any distracting URL and direct the users' focus to you lead form only.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009409?hl=en

In-page analytics:- It helps make a visual assessment of how users interact with your web pages. This helps you answer questions like:

Is the layout optimal for what I want users to accomplish on the page?
Are my users seeing the content I want them to see?
Are my users finding what they're looking for on the page?
Are my calls to action motivating or visible enough?
What links are users clicking?

Read more about In-page analytics:- https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2558811?hl=en

Finally, if you haven't getting any single conversion yet, maybe your conversion tracking is not installed properly, you have to double check this as well.