722 members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

High Bounce Rate and Low Conversion Rate

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We are running Google Display Network based campaign. We took bunch of highly relevant keywords with matching ads and landing pages.

We are optimising our campaigns on adcopy, placement basis. Adding negative placements and keywords, using category exclusion. Testing our variations of adcopies and landing pages also.

The primary concern we are facing is of high bounce rate of about 77% and low conversion rate of around 15%.

Few Top Placements:

mysmartprice.com

smartprix.com

mail.google.com

Our Landing Page:

http://cashkaro.com/page/flipkart-coupons (Bounce: 77%)

Our Ads:

Exclusive 50% Off Coupons

Join Now & Get upto 50% Off Coupons

Save Big Every Time you Shop Online

FlipkartCoupons.Cashkaro.com/Join

Please give us ideas to bring down our bounce rate and increase our conversion rates.

Replies much appreciated.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

High Bounce Rate and Low Conversion Rate

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We are running Google Display Network based campaign. We took bunch of highly relevant keywords with matching ads and landing pages.

We are optimising our campaigns on adcopy, placement basis. Adding negative placements and keywords, using category exclusion. Testing our variations of adcopies and landing pages also.

The primary concern we are facing is of high bounce rate of about 77% and low conversion rate of around 15%.

Few Top Placements:
mysmartprice.com
smartprix.com
mail.google.com

Our Landing Page:
http://cashkaro.com/page/flipkart-coupons (Bounce: 77%)

Our Ads:
Exclusive 50% Off Coupons
Join Now & Get upto 50% Off Coupons
Save Big Every Time you Shop Online
FlipkartCoupons.Cashkaro.com/Join

Please give us ideas to bring down our bounce rate and increase our conversion rates.

Replies much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: High Bounce Rate and Low Conversion Rate

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Rohan,
First of all, your ads (what you have provided) are definitely not specific. Your ad is as generic as they come. There's no SPECIFIC product or service that's immediately obvious.

If someone is on a page looking for a coupon, it's for a specific product or vendor. Getting to your site shows no link between you and what they're looking for.

Next up, you're asking people to sign up. Your targets are shopping for a product, click your ad and are then asked to sign up? For what? They don't even know if you offer a coupon for what they're looking for. I know I wouldn't be bothered wasting time signing up.

I think you need to rethink your targeting strategy. You're far too generic right now.

Don't mean to sound cruel, I just hope having a fresh set of eyes on this helps. Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Rohan,
No need to post the same question in multiple forums. It confuses anyone who lands here looking for an answer Smiley Happy I've answered your question in your other thread here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/High-Bounce-Rate-and-Low-Conversion-Rate/m-p...

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any more help.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Rohan,
You might also want to check out this fantastic article by one of our top contributors @vkore91 here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Why-is-my-Conversion-Rate-so-Low/ba-p/318017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Dave

Thanks!

We are doing multiple ads and landing page testing.

We did a testing for combination of product level ads with landing page matched to the product. For mobile phones offer and coupons. We ran ads specific to mobile and the landing page says the same matching headline as that in our ad.

We put some good offers related to mobile phones and put CTA next to the offer.

Though what we observed so far with the numbers is that the generic ad plus generic landing page works well in terms of conversion rate if we compare it with product.

Anyways thanks a ton for your valuable input.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rohan,

It would be also important to see what kind of keywords you have been using to target your audience, as your ad is generic. I would suggest you to run multiple display ad campaigns targeting each segment individually. Let say for example, you have a separate ad for mobile coupons or for books. This will help you identify targeted audience with specific keywords. Or I would also suggest to provide 100% information on your landing page regarding all the categories available. Say for example, I am interested in children clothes or accessories, and if I come to your ad, then I won't be interested in filling up your signing form and will navigate away.

The idea is to deliver complete and precise user experience.

I hope this helps.

Kapil M

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Kapil

Thanks!

Yes, we are testing our 3 variations of landing page.

Aslo, trying putting all the related stuff our audience is looking for.

Plus the things like How it Works? etc. we are in a row to add them so the user who wants to know about the cashback thing will definitely going to see the same followed by the completion of our call to action which is signups primarily and sales vice versa.

Thanks