Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

High Bounce Rate Despite Exact Matched Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am targeting my audience with exact matched keywords and dedicated landing page, however, I am still getting high bounce rate.

The QS for all of my keywords is around 7-8. 

What can be done to reduce bounce rate and increase lead generation.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: High Bounce Rate Despite Exact Matched Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Kapil,

Increase in the bounce rate could be due to various reasons.

Did you check if the bounce rate on your website is high from other traffic sources as well like organic, referral etc...?

Are you using dedicated PPC landing pages OR are you targeting website pages as landing pages in your campaigns?

In case you are running standalone PPC landing page, chances of higher bounce rate are there because the users doesn't have any other option to go from one page to another.

But in case it's your website and users have option to navigate to other parts of the website, then it might be a concern as if why the bounce rate is high.

Make sure what you are committing in your text ad, is actually what you are showing on your landing page with realistic expectations.

Read more about this important metric here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009409?hl=en

Pankaj 

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Kapil,

Perhaps you know, On Display network does not consider the keyword match type. It based on keywords theme not keyword match type. I assume you are working on search network then you must check your landing page with user point of view. May be your landing page is not attractive or your showing something which is not appropriate.

my 2 cents!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Kapil,

I would also suggest going through this You Tube Video where Google Evangelist Avinash Kaushik explains about this important metric Bounce Rate and how we should deal with it:-

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

Bounce rate from the other resources is not high as much Google AdWords. There's an option for users to navigate to other parts of the website as well. What still can be the reason for high bounce rate?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Kapil,

Try different variation of keywords and then see how it impacts your account as well as other web metrics. Did you try phrase and broad modifiers? If not , I would suggest implementing them as well because sometimes one particular match type doesn't work effective and little less restrictive works out well.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

I have tried all keyword variations. However, I am not able to see any improvement in the bounce rate. I would like to share my landing page here. I will appreciate, if you can give me a third party perspective, if is there any issue with the landing page.

https://www.taxshax.com/register.html

To just to give you an idea, we are running a campaign for our free Tax Planner.