AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

High Avg. CPC. for Display Ads. Does this seem Accurate?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I'm having concerns about my CPC Cost. Currently I have 3 ad groups in the single Campaign & it has a Avg CPC at $1.58. I'm running a campaign for a music festival and the ad groups are separated by age groups. It is a Re-marketing campaign which may be the reason behind the high cost. 

Just wondering if this sounds about right or if I should try & change around the campaign. 

I do have another campaign that is setup the same except its targeted instead of using re-marketing lists. Its Avg. CPC is at $0.60

Appreciate the thoughts....

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: High Avg. CPC. for Display Ads. Does this seem Accurate?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Neil,

As there isn't an estimated bid amount (like we have in search), the only option available is Trial & error. Since this is a remarketing campaign, it could be that the product/service is premium. Have you checked the placement list to see the kind of websites your ads are shown on? Another suggestions would be using a text ad in the remarketing campaign, as they could be cheaper sometimes.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar