6.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Hi, I'm having an issue with my remarketing campaign

N/A
# 1
N/A

We've been running our remarketing campaign for some time now. It was initially targeting all of the US, but currently we've bought the locations down to several cities in the bay area, CA. The issue here is that no one from our team who've visited our site is seeing the ads, though we've been receiving clicks and impressions. Not sure what the issue is.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Hi, I'm having an issue with my remarketing campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I believe that this might take sometime because if originally the whole US was being targeted or re-targeted, then depending upon the remarketing list duration and the cookies which have already been set on the user's machines, it would take sometime and the cookies would be removed once the list duration time expires. 

Now when you switched to only CA, it will again rebuild the list depending upon the users who saw your ad in that particular region and once the minimum threshold is reached, then only your remarketing ad will start delivering to those users.

I hope that makes sense!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I believe that this might take sometime because if originally the whole US was being targeted or re-targeted, then depending upon the remarketing list duration and the cookies which have already been set on the user's machines, it would take sometime and the cookies would be removed once the list duration time expires. 

Now when you switched to only CA, it will again rebuild the list depending upon the users who saw your ad in that particular region and once the minimum threshold is reached, then only your remarketing ad will start delivering to those users.

I hope that makes sense!

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Is your team located in the area targeted by the remarketing campaign ?

Did they visit the same "google partners" display websites that have adsense units of ads several times with no proof of display of your ads ?

Can you pick up from the statistics which websites have impressions now in CA from your remarketing campaign and maybe visit only those to check up ?