AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Hi I have some adwords campaigns but my CTR and ROI both low

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Hi I have some adwords campaigns but my CTR and ROI both low

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

@Amalhi82 wrote:

Hi Thank you fro your reply

I have set up campaigns for each of my popular product groups, 1 of which is for Tablecloths

I am running combined networks

CTR for last 7 days is 0.56% 

clicks 133 from 23,626 average postion No 4 

coversion in last 7 days Zero

Few things to look for based on the stats which you shared:

1. I personally will not run  Combined Network campaigns (i.e. Search+Display). Reason being that the approach how users behave on search is totally different how they behave on Display Network. On Search, you can directly get someone looking for your product and probability of getting a conversion is pretty high in less amount of time. On the contrary, on Display Network users are actually browsing through the websites and if they find your ad appealing, then only they will click it and take the desired action.

2. The CTR you mentioned, it would be better if you can separate the Search and Display Network CTR. On Display, chances are that you get a low CTR (may be less than 1%), but that should be OK considering the nature of that network. But in case if your CTR is less than 1% on Search network, then it's a major issue and you will have to work really hard to improve it.

3. Look at the search terms report and see whether the clicks you received were relevant or there was unwanted traffic. You might have to work on your negative keywords in order to get as much relevant traffic as you can.

4. If you are using too much of Broad match type keywords, then think about it seriously and try to cut down them and maximise Phrase and Exact matches. It will help in building CTR and more relevant traffic.

5. Also look at the landing pages you have targeted and as per best practices you should be targeting specific landing page depending upon the keyword, ad copy combination you have inside the campaigns.

I hope that helps in getting to the root cause of the problem and keep you going in the right direction.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome to the Community,

Can you tell us more about how you have structured the campaigns and what is your current CTR and conversion rate?

Are you running Search Network Campaigns or Display Network or both combined?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up campaigns for each of my popular product groups, 1 of which is for Tablecloths

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

@Amalhi82 wrote:

Few things to look for based on the stats which you shared:

1. I personally will not run  Combined Network campaigns (i.e. Search+Display). Reason being that the approach how users behave on search is totally different how they behave on Display Network. On Search, you can directly get someone looking for your product and probability of getting a conversion is pretty high in less amount of time. On the contrary, on Display Network users are actually browsing through the websites and if they find your ad appealing, then only they will click it and take the desired action.

2. The CTR you mentioned, it would be better if you can separate the Search and Display Network CTR. On Display, chances are that you get a low CTR (may be less than 1%), but that should be OK considering the nature of that network. But in case if your CTR is less than 1% on Search network, then it's a major issue and you will have to work really hard to improve it.

3. Look at the search terms report and see whether the clicks you received were relevant or there was unwanted traffic. You might have to work on your negative keywords in order to get as much relevant traffic as you can.

4. If you are using too much of Broad match type keywords, then think about it seriously and try to cut down them and maximise Phrase and Exact matches. It will help in building CTR and more relevant traffic.

5. Also look at the landing pages you have targeted and as per best practices you should be targeting specific landing page depending upon the keyword, ad copy combination you have inside the campaigns.

I hope that helps in getting to the root cause of the problem and keep you going in the right direction.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

thanks for the info, will apply these changes and see how we get ine