3.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Hey hi .. Phrase Match Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I m curious to understand more about phrase match negatives, how its work, where should i use it and how it will benefit me in my account having all the phrase match adgroup

If I am having series of phrase match and different other match type adgroup in a campaign. than how would it will work for negative of it so that there would be no conflict and specially for phrase match negative.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Crish26
September 2015

Re: Hey hi .. Phrase Match Keywords

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Crish26,

Phrase match is not different from broad match keywords if we are talking about one word Keywords. So keyword: dog in negative broad match and ''dog'' in negative phrase match. Will do the same job.

I use negative phrase myself very rarely. And for me the main purpose is to block keywords that with the different word order have different meaning/different product/different audience.

So if I will have product/service/anything let's say It ''red book cover'' and it is keyword in mod. broad match. Then the keyword might appear in different order. In case something like ''book red cover'' has different meaning for you and it is not relevant to your business, then you can add ''book red cover'' as negative phrase match and it will block ''book red cover'' and anything else according to to phrase match rules like: ''book red cover price'', ''cheap book red cover'' etc..

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey hi Alex

Thanks for the reply, that make it quite clear.......... lets try the Implementation of this..

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Here's the basic breakdown on the answer you're looking for Crish, you can see the full explanation here: 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?rd=1

Negative Keywords Table.JPG

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’