Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Hello

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When i click on keywords match type it's showing only broad match and exact match& phrase match? i want covert keyword as broad match modifier?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Hello

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

By default the interface assigns broad match modifier and broad match type as Broad match only because the broad modifier itself is an advanced version of broad match type.

What you can do is that you can assign Labels to your Broad modifiers so that you can distinguish them when you review these particular set of keywords inside the interface. More details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2475865?hl=en

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Santosh

I think you want to change the match type for your keywords to BMM match, please correct me if I misunderstood your question. If yes then click on the particular keyword after navigating to keyword tab and add "+" sign before all the words that you want to target. Like if your keyword is google adwords then add keyword like this +google +adwords.

Read this Adwords Blogspot article on this:-
http://adwords.blogspot.in/2010/07/new-keyword-targeting-feature-rolling.html

Pankaj have given a very useful tip in order to identify BMM keywords in all broad keywords because Adwords system will report only broad match type in its reporting, so must use it as it will help you in future for identifying them.

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Santosh,

Pankaj & Abhishek have covered almost everything. Jut one more thing, if you do edit an existing keyword, AdWords automatically deletes that keyword and replaces it with a new one. So that keyword would lose out on all history and you won't be able to enable that keyword again. The best thing to do would be to pause that keyword and replace it with a new keyword.

Just something to keep in mind!

Thanks,
Rohan