AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Hello, I want to bid higher in working hours

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello, I want to bid higher in working hours let's say (9AM-6PM) for a campaign or ad group as I bid in non working hours. Is that possible if yes how?

I don't want to pause my campaign. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Hello, I want to bid higher in working hours

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chetan
Yes, of course that's possible and a great tactic.

You need to set an ad scheduled bid adjustment.
You can find details on various bid adjustments, including this one (with examples) here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2732132?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2732132?hl=en#campaign_types

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
As per the article...
Ad scheduling bid adjustments

Use ad scheduling bid adjustments to increase or decrease your bids for specific days of the week, times, and more for campaigns that use custom ad scheduling, an advanced setting that lets you specify certain hours or days of the week when you want your AdWords ads to show. Available at the campaign level.

Is this not what you are looking for?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chetan
Yes, of course that's possible and a great tactic.

You need to set an ad scheduled bid adjustment.
You can find details on various bid adjustments, including this one (with examples) here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2732132?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2732132?hl=en#campaign_types

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Dave, Thanks for your prompt response. I am aware of ad scheduling option. But I don't want to stop my ads for rest of the day. I just want to increase my bid by 25% in normal working hours. I think when we use custom ad scheduling, our ads are eligible to appear only in auctions that take place during the dates and times you specify which is not my solution.

I want to in auction for all the days and just want to bid higher in 9AM-6PM.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Chetan,

that is an option in ad scheduling. You do not have to turn your ads off at certain times, you can rather just set bid adjustments for those times. All do-able with ad scheduling.

Dave did provide you with a link to setting bid adjustments and not turning the ad off. Refer above
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
As per the article...
Ad scheduling bid adjustments

Use ad scheduling bid adjustments to increase or decrease your bids for specific days of the week, times, and more for campaigns that use custom ad scheduling, an advanced setting that lets you specify certain hours or days of the week when you want your AdWords ads to show. Available at the campaign level.

Is this not what you are looking for?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?hl=en

Read from Keep in mind :
When you create an ad schedule, your ad will only show during the times you specify. Your ad won’t show during the dates and times that aren't listed on your ad schedule.

For Example I want to bid $20 max cpc from 6PM to 9AM and within the same campaign I want to bid $50 max CPC from 9AM to 6PM. So, I don't want to schedule ads I want to schedule Bid amount.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

OK, here's the step by step instructions.

Follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the Campaigns tab at the top.
  3. Choose a campaign. If you want to set bid adjustments for devices, you also have the option to choose an ad group.
  4. Click the Settings tab.
    • Choose the LocationsAd schedule, or Devices subtab.

SNP_2E3666E5F6DA3F378F25F77E7F6AB5CFEA92_3230849_en_v1.png
  5. Click the cell in the "Bid adj." column of the row you want to adjust.
  6. Choose "Increase by" or "Decrease by" from the drop-down, and enter a number.
  7. Click Save.

Setting bid adjustments in bulk: To set bid adjustments for multiple rows on the Locations or Ad schedulesubtabs, select the checkbox next to each row, then click the Set bid adjustment button. Enter your adjustment and click Save.

Tips

• To remove a bid adjustment, leave the bid adjustment field empty in step 7 above, and click Save.
  • From your Settings tab, use the Locations and Ad schedule subtabs to edit your location targeting and ad scheduling, and see reporting. You can also view reporting for your mobile device bids on theDevices subtab.
  • You can use AdWords Editor, a free downloadable application for managing your account, to make bulk changes to your bid adjustments. The process is simple: download your account, make your changes, and then upload your revised campaigns when the changes are finalized.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
How it will increase my bid automatically ?

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?hl=en

Read from Keep in mind :
When you create an ad schedule, your ad will only show during the times you specify. Your ad won’t show during the dates and times that aren't listed on your ad schedule.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Chetan,
You set the increase based on the schedule. Exactly what you're looking for. I'm really not sure how much simpler that I can put it beyond those step by step instructions.

Your last question, "How it will increase my bid automatically ?" Are you asking about the mechanics behind the scene that Google uses to make the increases?

The instructions I provided outline the EXACT steps you need to follow to increase your bids by x% during the time periods that you set. You need to have a schedule set for this to work. So you have two schedules each day. 9am to 6pm and 6pm to 9am. Apply the bid modifier to the 9am to 6pm one.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Dave, Thanks got your point. We have to add schedules and for those particular schedules we can increase or decrease bids accordingly.

Thanks a lot for your help Smiley Happy