AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Hello All, Have a Question Regarding Local PPC Keywords.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello All,

I have configured a campaign for a specific Geo location, let's say a US state. In that particular geo region I am doing well for all my generic keywords. But I have a question, by having generic keywords with city or location name (e.g:generic keywords + city name) will reduce my cpc or can I have any other benefits? Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hello All, Have a Question Regarding Local PPC Keywords.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Chetan,

While it's impossible to say for sure, yes, bidding on the exact keywords that searchers are searching for should give you the benefit of a possible better Ad Rank, better Average Positions, and more efficient Actual CPCs.

Per AdWords help:

"If you have a keyword that is identical to the search term, the system will prefer to use this keyword to trigger an ad. This is true even if there are other keywords in your ad group that are similar to the search term."

While it's impossible to guarantee that you'll receive more efficient AdWords traffic, I have seen better CPCs and better Average Positions when bidding on Keywords exactly as searchers are querying.

How Similar Keywords Match to Search Terms

Re: Hello All, Have a Question Regarding Local PPC Keywords.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Chetan,

In addition to what has been said above, I would like to add there that different advertisers follow different strategies to make sure they reach their audiences with the best possible way.

Although, using generic keywords for local campaigns is good, sometimes the advertisers also tend to create a national campaign (let's say USA) and use the regional keywords combinations using advanced location option which says "People searching for or viewing pages about my targeted location". Doing this might attract the users who are outside your targeted physical areas but are showing interest in your location. 

Of course AdWords is all about experimentation and you need to find the right combination to make it happen in terms of ROI. 

Focusing on the search queries regularly will actually give you idea of what exactly the users are searching for and whether there is a need to use location based keywords or not.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj