1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Have both website & ecrater store- ecrater images show, website no

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a lot of the same items listed on ecrater (a free marketplace) as I do on my small business website. When doing an organic Google search, the items on ecrater show up much better than the same items on my website. I noticed that in Google images, the images on the ecrater show up instead of the ones on my site. I used the same exact picture links. Is that why because the image links are be duplicated even though they're coming from a different site? If this is the case then I am going to just close/cancel my ecrater account all together as I want my website items to show up on Google first and foremost. I see a lot of duplicate image content from the same sellers online but I'm assuming that is because the images must have different links? Just guessing, not sure.

Please help me because my business has been very slow for months now and maybe it has to do with having both the ecrater marketplace and my website at same time.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Have both website & ecrater store- ecrater images show, websit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nancy,

Honestly, I am nost sure about ecrater. But if you want your image to be shown in Google search results, for that first of all your images have to hosted on your website and then you will need to follow some of the best practices to notify Google about images in your website. For example by creating sitemaps and using proper naming convention for your images. Here are some image publishing guidelines: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/114016

For more details, I would suggest you to post this query over Google Webmasters forum. This is the link: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

Pankaj

Re: Have both website & ecrater store- ecrater images show, websit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

A few of my images show up in Google (the ones that aren't on ecrater). That's what's making me think that it could have to do with having ecrater. The images on my site are hosted by my site. I'll do what you suggested and post this in a different forum. Thanks for your help!