Guide Me
star_border

Have 20 keywords and 20 ads in one Adgroup

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everybody,

In order to make keywords and ads fully relevant to each other, in the same adgroup I've created one ad for each keyword.

I've accomplished that when I created an ad for each keyword putting that keyword in the ad headline.
Results were good but not as I expected since sometimes I check the ads on the "Ad preview" tool and the answer came with no, because "another creative was selected".

So what do you think I should do? how can I get my ads to appear always and make them super relative to the keywords?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Mohamad,

You should group your keywords with their relevant ads and create an ad group for every relevant set of keywords and ads.

What you have now is a "don't do" situation. Any keyword can match any ad, with no relevancy at all :-(

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Yiannis,

Maybe I didn't explain myself good.

I'm managing over 300 keywords for one campaign, and I broke them into 40 adgroups into high themed keywords. And into these themed keywords I created one ad for every keyword.

Do you think its a "don't do" situation now? 

Re: Have 20 keywords and 20 ads in one Adgroup

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Sorry, I understood it wrong :-(

No it's upgraded to a "I should consider doing it that way" situation :-)

If you want to have a specific ad for each keyword, then you should have one keyword per ad group. Else, every keyword could match with each ad in a specific ad group.

Have you considered using keyword insertion?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohamad A
February 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Per @Yiannis Banasis, Ads are associated with an "ad group", vs an individual keyword within that ad group.  So if you want a keyword to always display a certain ad, then the ad group needs to have just one ad. If there is more than one ad then the ads will be "rotated" according to the method you select on the "Settings" page. 

Think of Ad Groups as "containers" or "folders" to hold groups of keywords which point at an ad, or group of ads. 

It might prove useful to think of an ad group as a manilla file folder, with the ad(s) printed on the cover of the folder.  Inside the folder are the keywords which may trigger display of that ad (or those ads). 

I you have 300 keywords and 40 ad groups, that's an average of just under 8 keywords per ad group.  That's likely a "well structured" campaign, as long as the copy in the ad(s) are highly relevant to the keywords within each ad group.  If not, then you could break the ad groups down further. That's "best practice" to reach high quality scores. 

hth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Steve B very much for your explanation.

I'm looking for the healthy number of ads in one high themed adgroup, so the ad will appear always despite the budget.

I'm looking for a way to avoid the ad preview answer "No, another creative was selected". What do you think?

Thanks for your help, 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mohamad,  

Just trying to understand, why do you want to have a lot of ads in one ad group?  I don't see the connection to "so the ad will appear always despite the budget."

If there are a lot of ads in an ad group, it simply means they will be rotated, based upon the "ad rotation" settings on the "Settings" page. 

Some SEMs like to have a lot of ads for variety of ad experience.  I like to test until i find one super-performer in order to get the most out of each click (highest CTR and/or converting ad). 

I just don't understand the rationale, or it's connection to your budget. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Steve B,

I'm not trying to have too much ads, I'm just trying to get my ad my appears whenever my keyword/s triggered.

I'm sorry if I didn't explain myself clearly. 

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I think that @Steve B explained it in depth.

Every ad group's ads are eligible to be triggered by all keywords in the specific ad group.

If you want more control you should have more and tighter ad groups or use keyword insertion in your ad text. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks @Yiannis Banasis, yes that's correct, and a clearer / more concise way of saying it.