6.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Hardly any retargeting subjects

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set-up retargeting for a few websites. Although all sites get at least a few hundred visitors a day my retargeting list only ads around 100 people a week into the list. What could I have done wrong? The code is implemented correctly and as far as I can see I have set everything up correctly.

Sincerely,

Rick

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hardly any retargeting subjects

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rick,

Welcome to the community.

Can you let us know if you are directly using the list or have formed any custom combinations?

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello Rick,

Please let us know "You have implemented Remarketing code to all pages in your website or some slected pages such as "Conversion Page - Thank you", etc?
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
how long is the cookie duration set?

Also, did you create a custom combination list?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Rick,

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

As everyone else has rightly mentioned, it depends on where you have placed your remarketing tag/ code and whether you have made a custom combination remarketing tag.

If you have placed the remarketing code only on one page on your site and you are concerned that not enough users are being added to the remarketing list on a daily basis, than maybe you might consider placing the remarketing code on all pages on your site or, perhaps, all pages preceeding conversion confirmation pages?

Also, did you apply the list to just an ad group or to a whole campaign? This can make a difference in the size of your target market that could be eligible to be placed on the list. More info on this from this Help Centre article.

Best of luck with it! Smiley Happy

Aislinn