Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Happy with Results BUT Disappointed from AdWords Promotions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I have been using google AdWords for a while , most of the google services are pretty sweet to use .My issue is why google AdWords promotion team dont take care of the existing customer . The free coupon codes to redeam is only for new accounts (whatevery the 14 days thing ) But the thing is aloooot and when i say alot i mean it , of customers just creat new accounts and keep using those free coupon codes and get those 150$ + ads for free. On the other hand a customer like me who have been paying to AdWords every week not getting anything in return or any kind of promotion .
Anything for existing customers will be nice to have guys , I think you are already wasting soo much money on what people are making by recreating acounts and redeam copons . Give us (Existing customers ) some sweet deals for paying and not going around the rules .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Happy with Results BUT Disappointed from AdWords Promotions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Google does send promotions to existing cutomers periodically. What is the period or threshold? I dunno, but I manage a sizable account for some friends and they have told me how great they think it is to get "freebies" every once in a while.

I set up several location-relevant sub-domains for a business partner of mine, I realize I could apply those introductory coupons and hope I slip under the radar but I don't want to risk it. Under my mangement that account has almost doubled in cost from 2011 (when another company was handling) to 2012, but their cost per conversion has been reduced so they have no problems and are pushing me to do better, without any concern for budget, They recently told me that if they ever hit their budget to raise it. A "blank check" is quite an endorsement.

What I am getting at is maybe you should look into optimizing your accounts that way it becomes an investment, not an expense...and if your account gets big enough to merit more attention by Google you might be pleasantly surprised. As a huge company Google can seem indifferent but I assure they offer more to those who are "bringing home the bacon."

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Ayman,

1. An existing customer can enjoy the "rich history" - get good QS and optimize the campign - and thats worth a lot of money :-)

2. It is against the AW policy to use a coupon for a domain that was already advertisied in AW in the past. so those people that open & close & open & close accounts all the time can get in trouble in the future - and might get banned from the system FOREVER.

Good Luck,

Asaf 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

well you see #1 might be the only reason i still pay for this . But for someone like me I only spend 20-30$ a week for ads , such campign optimization doesnt really effect my results that much , and i need to push more $$ to see the diffrent . 

I still dont see why google dont offer stuff for existing customers , a promotion from time to time why not ?? I even noticed that last holiday they didnt offer anything to existing customers as they did the years before .

With all the respect but sometimes i find Google **bleep**s up on small things thats their customer reallllly need . For example google chrome , why the hell its beta till now its been over 2 years for that project , google+ BIG FAIL , and you knew it from day one it launched , facebook already there why competing . I love google too much , but i find there is something missing there for this company , where they can do much much better than this 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Google Chrome is here for more than 3 years and its not in BETA long ago.... and its the BEST browser at the moment.

Google+ is a free service - you can't blame Google for trying to compete with FB - and as a consumer you benefit from the compition even if you're going to stick with FB for now... 

what about Android ? what a success !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ooh well i thought chrome still beta , i am a big fan of chrome love it , but has few issues here and there which i dont understand why they cant fix , for example when you save files and it just rename files instead of renaming it , my download folder is full of duplicates .
For google+ its a true waste of money from google , they wasted millions into this project , which i belive they could of came with something better , spend it to make chrome even better or make your current services better.

Andriod i dont know , i used it , but i find IOS much better. its again a competing environment to IOS .
I am a technical guy , and i find andriod is not very user friendly , maybe GUI is suck , i dont know but there is something in android doesnt make me like it . I find google trying to follow maybe Linux approach of having an open source phone operating system , but again i think they can make a much much better andriod system . Also one big thing i didnt like about android is the amount of updates they release , i remember in last year , i think they had at least 3 releases above mine , and they all didnt work on my samsung captivate was really pissed .

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

As already mentioned by Asaf in his second point, users who abuse the system in such a way are eventually identified and suspended on breach of Google Advertising Policy. 

I can understand your frustration with vouchers only being issued to new advertisers but these are generally issued as a mailshot to attract new custom to AdWords. Google strive on having created a self-managed system for advertising and these voucher incentives allow new advertisers a trial period. 

Not that I wish to appear that I am defending this decision but you would not find television or magazines offering seasonal discounts to advertisers just because they advertised all year with them. It is a harsh truth and this does not reflect in any shape or form why Google have decided on this voucher scheme.

Regards

Luigi

Luigi Raw

Innovation is About Imagination
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Google does send promotions to existing cutomers periodically. What is the period or threshold? I dunno, but I manage a sizable account for some friends and they have told me how great they think it is to get "freebies" every once in a while.

I set up several location-relevant sub-domains for a business partner of mine, I realize I could apply those introductory coupons and hope I slip under the radar but I don't want to risk it. Under my mangement that account has almost doubled in cost from 2011 (when another company was handling) to 2012, but their cost per conversion has been reduced so they have no problems and are pushing me to do better, without any concern for budget, They recently told me that if they ever hit their budget to raise it. A "blank check" is quite an endorsement.

What I am getting at is maybe you should look into optimizing your accounts that way it becomes an investment, not an expense...and if your account gets big enough to merit more attention by Google you might be pleasantly surprised. As a huge company Google can seem indifferent but I assure they offer more to those who are "bringing home the bacon."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You see , its just more tan just offering a good product to customer , there has to be customer relations /customer satisfaction etc..

I just had a problem with google adword, made a payment in the weekend , took them 4 days to clear it because they had problem with their system , 4 days imagin that , and you know what noting in return for such a problem . They can easily offer something to satisify the customer but they dont .To be fair their customer service is great . But also they ALWAYS ask you about doing those servays after the phone calls , and i always recive emails to do surveys about the service ,well if you care about your customer time , offer him something in return for their time . 

I dont know man , i feel google is such a big company , that they should really not miss small details like this that can make their customer experinse more enjoyable .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm an existing customer and get a 100 dollar coupon pretty regularly.  I start a campaign, let it run through the coupon, then spend about 10 dollars give or take in advertising and shut it down.  I usually get another coupon in a month or two.  YMMV

I'm not going to blame google for my lack of results, I'm sure my ads suck, but I dont' have months to study all the crap that is involved.  If they wanted me to spend serious dough they would have an agent call me and walk me through making some good ads.  As it is when I had my spend threshold to a thousand a month I could barely get a support agent to talk to me about a legitimate billing problem let alone making quality ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi man i can give you Adwords $105 coupons.if you need the contact me at:

chandanvellyrajesh@gmail.com