AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

HOW CAN I OPTIMIZE MY CAMPAIGN WITH MULTIPLE AD GROUPS (SAME LOCATION) WITHOUT DUPLICATING KEYWORDS?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I'm an intern at a start-up company called Conference.place in Kenya & I’m also a newbie to Ad Words so kindly try to use simple language while answering the below question. Our business is an affiliate for conference venues in Kenya and therefore we deal with hotels in Kenya.  So, I recently created campaigns based on the regions we have in Kenya; e.g Nairobi city, Mombasa city, Maasai mara.okocha 3-campaigns.JPG

Then for each campaign I created ad groups based on each single hotel e.g Intercontinental Nairobi or Serena hotel Mombasa & so onokocha 4- ad groups.JPG

So my question is; How can I create keywords that are not duplicated for all these properties? (Remember for a region like Nairobi there are like 100 hotels that have conference facilities,but now I want to have specific keywords for each hotel(ad-group)). How can I achieve that??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: HOW CAN I OPTIMIZE MY CAMPAIGN WITH MULTIPLE AD GROUPS (SAME LOCATION) WITHOUT DUPLICATING KEYWO

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Kelvin,

It's a longish way, but with AdWords Editor it would be simple. Here are some options:

1. Add negative terms to your ad groups excluding other hotels. E.g. every hotel that's doesn't contain "intercontinental", add a negative and so on.
2. Use the keyword insertion tool for your ad copy and your Final URLs. This basically inserts the keyword into your final URL, so if your site allows you to do a keyword search your final url could be /search?q={{keyword}} which would bring up a list of hotels

Ali

Re: HOW CAN I OPTIMIZE MY CAMPAIGN WITH MULTIPLE AD GROUPS (SAME LOCATION) WITHOUT DUPLICATING KEYWO

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Kelvin,

The right answer may greatly depend on your target audience. I am located outside Africa and if anyone mentions Kenya to me I'll recall memories of plans about luxury holidays combined with safari tours. Therefore I am suspicious the website may be targeted at an audience in Europe and the US.

Therefore please try to specify your primary business objectives for us, forum members. Are you trying to partially change the prejudices about Kenya and make your audience think of your country as also a conference venue? I am asking this because users in the EU or the US will not frequently use search terms matching a keyword like "conference pridelnn lantana", "conference kitengela leleshwa inn" and the like.

So could you please first elaborate on your business objectives?

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our target audience is basically people outside Kenya & Kenyans as well. But we have already created one campaign that targets 'anyone who is interested' in Kenya for conference purposes with keywords like Meeting venues in Kenya, Conference facilities in Nairobi ,etc. These other campaigns are location based and we are targeting locals for those specific regions.e.g someone in Mombasa who just wants to have a conference around Mombasa city. We have two major objectives; 1. To partially change the prejudices about Kenya & Expose it as a unique MICE destination like u said. 2. To capture the local market by negotiating cheaper prices for their conferences We want at the end of the day to have something like for every 30clicks- atlst one conference is booked. So that brings us to the main issue: how can we design& strategize our campaigns so that; a) Someone who is in (Lets say Europe) is thinking hold a conference in Maasai Mara as they watch the wild can be reached b) We can reach all the locals who have different & complex needs c)We can fine tune & customize our keywords without duplication as well as reach the right person with the right ad. Remember keywords in this niche are quite limited but we have so many propeties to market as well.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Kelvin,

Unfortunately we have very few forum members from Africa and may be your query should be addressed by an expert who has a better understanding of that continent, their hotel markets, and how they use the internet.

The website seems fine for targeting the Western countries and you say you have created a separate campaign for them, already running. I am pretty skeptical about the local or African audience and if the size of the local demand justifies a Search campaign that you seem to try to create. We typically run Search campaigns to reach a wide audience of ordinary users. If I were you, I'd probably try creating and running a Display campaign instead, targeting special websites that your particular audience is supposed to visit frequently. Else "curious" users will click away your budget on Search.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Lakatos