Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Great Click-Through with no conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a great click-through rate (~2%)for one of my campaigns byt zero conversion.  I'm looking for help in figuring out how to get conversion.  

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Great Click-Through with no conversion

Top Contributor
# 2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave, I'll explore those links. I always thought 1% was average CTR.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

In the past, 1% was quoted as an "acceptable" overall CTR. Standards do change (and get tougher) and advertisers do get better at advertising. Smiley Happy

The advantage of online advertising is our ability to serve our ads to a tightly focused audience of people who are (we hope) highly likely to be interested in our offering. In light of that, we should expect better than a 1% rate of "interest in what we're offering, correct?

Personally, I'm rarely happy with less than an overall 5% CTR for a campaign and in some industries, I've been able to produce a long-term CTR that's significantly higher than that.

Just my $0.02.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm assuming the "art" side is figuring out the correct amount of spend to capture sales conversions. As a small business I don't have a lot of money to spend on this type of experimentation. Any suggestions for those on a budget?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Good morning.

Having a limited budge to spend is a common problem--one shared by (at a guess) 80% or more of advertisers. It is not necessarily a bar to getting good performance.

You haven't shared your URL or the industry you're marketing in, so there's not a lot of specific ideas I can offer.  I can suggest a few general things:

To begin with, focus on what matters. CTR is irrelevant if you're not getting conversions.

However, CTR does provide you with website visitors, which is valuable data. At the moment, you're getting some folks to visit your website but when they get to the website, they either don't like what they see or they don't see what they expect. If it were me, I'd start there.

I'd compare my highest traffic keywords with the messaging for their most productive ads and then look at the landing page(s). It seems there's a disconnect between when people search, see your ad, and click, and what they see on your website. 

My $0.02.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Theresa. I've only been using one ad because I was displaying two and this one had a much better CTR so I just went with the one that seemed to be working.

The product page is icasecraft.com. Just an iPhone case, but I think when people get there it may be too expensive. The user is taken to the "buy" page so I don't know why I wouldn't be getting conversion. This is the display ad https://tpc.googlesyndication.com/pageadimg/imgad?id=CICAgKCNn5CgswEQyAEYyAEoATIIXtv_QG6sKy4

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jason,
To know for sure I will need to take a peek at the landing page but from what I can see the add is not so informative, all i can see is the product but i dont know if it is in good quality, cheap or any other details that will help me to decide.
So people get intrigued and just click it, since you didnt promise anything on the ad, they dont know what to expect on the landing page.

You need to optimize the ad for example high quality in good price----> the landing page will deliver with several option of high quality cases in reasonable price.

at the moment you get general clicks because you have no differentiation.

Good luck

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

I would have to agree with Yaniv E, here. I'd need to see the landing page before I could offer any real insight.

However, I also agree that your ad is short on information. What your ad should do is to invite clicks from your desired audience--that is, an audience that can afford your product. You may need some kind of imagery/messaging that suggests that this is neither free nor inexpensive.

You might also check your audience targeting. You may need to reach out to some specific demographic in order to get your ads in front of the people who can afford a more expensive item and who would want to own such a thing.

If the product case, when someone gets to your website, is unusually expensive for the market, then you need to give people a reason to choose it. Your landing page should lean heavily on the benefits--why should they choose this case above one of the hundreds of inexpensive mass-produced ones?

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*