Guide Me
star_border

Granular Location Adjustments

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I have a large UK Government data set that shows the IMD ranking (an index of deprivation) by postcode for the UK. I want to utilise this dataset in my AdWords account so I can adjust bids depending on ranking. I don't want to upload it as location targeting settings, as the list is too long and won't be manageable.

What's the best way to use this information?

All feedback welcome,

Kind regards,

Brendan

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Settings > Locations > Edit > Advanced Search > Bulk Locations

there you can paste in up to 1000 locations at a time. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Steve,

I still think that would be too difficult to manage.

I would like a smart way to cluster very granular locations, and apply bid adjustments (or exclusions) to these.

For example:

The postcode XX1 1XX may be based in Scotland and the postcode AA1 1AA may be based in Wales, but these 2 areas share similar profile of customer that I want to target.

For these, I would like to increase my bid.

XX1 1XA, however, may not fit the profile and I would like to exclude this location.

I'm hoping to do this on a massive scale, and appreciate there may not already be something that can offer this, but do you think it would be possible through a script or an API integration?

Kind regards,

Brendan

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Another way to handle it, versus being anticipatory, would be simply to target the entire region, then simply use the "Dimensions" report and place your location bid modifiers based upon where your clicks are actually coming from ("Dimensions" tab; > View:Geographic). 

Columns can be added, and the dimensions report can be downloaded into a spreadsheet for processing.