AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Got good clicks but no conversion. Please give me some honest opinion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I own a business card printing company and I am new to adwords.

I have been working on adwords for few months, I got good clicks and Imp but receiving poor conversion.

The keywords are right and adds are relevant to the search terms, from analytics, I could tell that the

Behaviour Flow is bad, customer drop off in two sessions. I was thinking is it because of the webpage design and setup.

Could you please give me some opinions about my website? anything wrong? Not user friendly ? Bad design? anything.

http://umaxprint.com.au/

I do really want to make this right. Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Paul L

There could be any number of reasons why people could be failing to convert on your site.

It sounds like you're getting close to the source of the problem.

If you are sure that the traffic to your site is relevant, then really dig down into that customer drop off point.

A few thoughts:

- What type content is on that page?

- Is there a long, complex form or anything else that could be causing frustration from your users?

- Is anything breaking?

- Is there any distracting content or popups that could be bumping users out of the conversion funnel?

- Does the page load too slowly? (additionally, run it through Google's testing tool to confirm there aren't any other red flags).

- Are there any other possible business reasons for drop off? (buyers turned off by price, high shipping cost etc.?)

Once you've made some ground you could consider implementing something like A/B testing at a later date.

BUT, I would try and nail these basic points first.

PS I noticed that your site isn't mobile responsive? If the drop off is coming from mobile users, then that could definitely be part of the reason why.

I hope this is of some help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Mark,

Thank you for your reply. 

I have gone through the check list. I have changed some of the webpage features. hope it will change a bit.

I do also have a question, since my adwords set google search network as "include search patners". Will my ads been post to some irrelevant unknow webpage or partners page? if customers click so, will this counts as one click?

Thank you

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

By default Adwords system will show your Ads on Google Search and Search Partner. Adwords system will show your ads to their partner sites which is closing matching to theam of your keywords. If someone will click on your ad on search partner it will count as click and you will charged for it. You also can exclude targeting search partner targeting by unchecking the search partner box in the campaign settings. 

If you want to know how many clicks, impression, cost you have received from search partner than split campaign performance network wise by these options- 

On Account/Campaign level select Segment > Network (with search network) 

Hope this would help!

Thanks

Pankaj S. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Paul,

Setup multi-level conversion, already you made conversion to "thank you" page. In this case, Create another conversion for "Add to Cart" Page and made not to add to conversion, so it will not count as conversion, so you can find out how many peoples are coming upto "add to cart" page. So you can do remarketing to that particular customer. If people are not coming upto "add to cart" page, then you can made change in website design.

Re: Got good clicks but no conversion. Please give me some honest opinion.

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 6
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Paul L,

One more thing, banners that you have on the main page do not lead anywhere. I would recommend using this carousel more wisely: you can send people to featured products or promotions. 

I've noticed there are so many choices of business cards appears when people are not ready to choose yet. After I clicked on Business cards in the top menu I was given 20+different options. As an average customer, I may tell you I was not ready, I needed some basic navigation through those options firstSmiley Happy

I would recommend you think about your customers' journey on your website, do they really need to know about all variations at the moment they click on cards in the menu? Or maybe they can choose a size first, then colors ( one side or two sides) then finishing etc. Or maybe you can have a page where customers can compare different cards before choosing the right options for them.

It's just an example, of course, I do not know the journey of your customers. 

Try to put yourself in customers' shoes, what questions would you have about your products, this will help you improve on-site experience and increase conversions.

Regards,
Eva

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks! I will edit the banners and post some more interesting features. As I do the business for long time, did not notice the mess up of the pull down bar lol, i will work on it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

sounds like a good idea, so it's like a page tracking before conversion? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you for the understanding of search partners.