AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google search trends along hours of day.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I am targeting US for my online campaigns. US has four time zones as far as I know. My query is that is there a way to know that at what hours of day a particular search traffic peaks. For example traffic peaks at noon for a particular keyword. Now in different parts of US noon will be at different times. There are some keywords which google trends shows having highest search interst in particlar region. Now if I want to target that region I must take into account time at which the traffic peaks and run my camapign in compettiive mode at that time. This will be different for different areas and keywords. 

If I want to cover whole US for a single keyword then I have run my campaign for 12-16 hours if i want to catch all peak traffic hours of all areas.

To elaborate more my query can be divided in a number of parts:

1) Ways to know search trend on hourly basis before running campaign using online tools.

2) Am I right in thinking that to target diff areas of US I will have to span my campaign over long time.

3) Google trends shows some insights and shows different search interest for different regions. Is it accurate? I mean does google collects data direct from users or from ISP datacenters? if some keyword is having highest search volume index in texas then does it mean that people from texas seaching that keyword most and I should target my camapign to that area in a daytime time frame( if people search that keyword in daytime). And at a particular daytime. 

Please guide me.

Thanks

-Ujji

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google search trends along hours of day.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Ujji

Yes. Data on google trends is accurate, though normalized. Google does not show the raw data (actual numbers of searches), but only the magnitude/ trends and peaks. As you mentioned, search trends vs. Keywords is what you are looking for.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’