AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google search generic URL listing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Site:  {www.sedgegardenflorist.com}

Google search keyword pharases      Kernersville NC Florist  (or)  Kernersville Florist  (or) Kernersville Flower shop  (or) Kernersville NC Flower shop

I do get my Google adwords ad shown and I get my Google places entry shown but I do not get a
generic listing for the URL.  I get a yellowpages listing but why am I not getting a site specific URL Listing as I do
in Bing and Yahoo searches.

FROM BING AND YAHOO:

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dben002
September 2015

Re: Google search generic URL listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi dben002,

Using AdWords has absolutely no effect on your organic listings.

I took a quick look and didn't find anything particularly missing. SEO is really outside the scope of this forum.

Do you have a webmaster tools account? Sometimes it can help you figure why your organic listing page rank is low.

I can give you a couple suggestions. First, you have no H1 tag on the home page. Place your keywords within an H1 tag to give it a little more weight, but no more than 1 H1 tag per page. Next, make use of the title attribute for links and the alt attribute for images. These both count as indexed text. Use header tags (H1, H2, etc) instead of font size. It gives your document a little structure and makes it easier for search engines to figure out what you page is about.

You have text on the page in 2 point type that is not visible. Yes, you did this in an effort to rank your page for Kernersville Florist. This is known as cloaking or keyword stuffing. Either way, it reduces your page rank when you do stuff like that.

Your meta description is: Your trusted hometown florist for over 36 years serving Kernersville, Winston Salem, Greensboro and High Point with expressions of tasteful elegance.

You might want to add the state to the cities: Your trusted hometown florist for over 36 years serving Kernersville, NC, Winston Salem, NC, Greensboro,NC, and High Point, North Carolina with expressions of tasteful elegance.

Yes, it is redundant, but it might help.

When making changes to your pages for SEO, it takes time to see the results of what you did--up to a month or more. So, you need a little patience in doing this. Also, Google "search engine optimization". There are lots of sites with good advice. Stay away from "black hat" techniques. More often than not, they will lower your page rank.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dben002
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi dben002,

Using AdWords has absolutely no effect on your organic listings.

I took a quick look and didn't find anything particularly missing. SEO is really outside the scope of this forum.

Do you have a webmaster tools account? Sometimes it can help you figure why your organic listing page rank is low.

I can give you a couple suggestions. First, you have no H1 tag on the home page. Place your keywords within an H1 tag to give it a little more weight, but no more than 1 H1 tag per page. Next, make use of the title attribute for links and the alt attribute for images. These both count as indexed text. Use header tags (H1, H2, etc) instead of font size. It gives your document a little structure and makes it easier for search engines to figure out what you page is about.

You have text on the page in 2 point type that is not visible. Yes, you did this in an effort to rank your page for Kernersville Florist. This is known as cloaking or keyword stuffing. Either way, it reduces your page rank when you do stuff like that.

Your meta description is: Your trusted hometown florist for over 36 years serving Kernersville, Winston Salem, Greensboro and High Point with expressions of tasteful elegance.

You might want to add the state to the cities: Your trusted hometown florist for over 36 years serving Kernersville, NC, Winston Salem, NC, Greensboro,NC, and High Point, North Carolina with expressions of tasteful elegance.

Yes, it is redundant, but it might help.

When making changes to your pages for SEO, it takes time to see the results of what you did--up to a month or more. So, you need a little patience in doing this. Also, Google "search engine optimization". There are lots of sites with good advice. Stay away from "black hat" techniques. More often than not, they will lower your page rank.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pete...thanks for the tips....I will give them a try......