Google remarketing: Reach out to your website visitors[ Edited ]
October 2012 - last edited November 2012
Remarketing is a powerful tool that can help you to match the right message to the right people online. With remarketing you can reach the right customer when s/he is ready to make a purchase as they visit other sites on the Google Display Network. The holiday season is around the corner, and there are early bird shoppers doing their research. Let’s say you own an online store that sells winter clothes. Remarketing allows you to create a specific remarketing list for those visitors who have come to your site several times, and visited let’s say section of “gloves” and “scarfs.” Learn more about remarketing strategies.
If you think that that remarketing is relevant only for retailers, you are not quite right. You can use it to increase registrations, drive brand awareness, etc.
There are great discussions from this Community that address Remarketing questions:
1. Remarketing best practices
2. Remarketing campaign optimization
3. Remarketing set-up
Useful articles from the AdWords Help Center:
Re: Google remarketing: Reach out to your website visitors
Would you like to bring customers one step closer to buying? Then you might want to try Remarketing with Google Analytics.
Remarketing with Google Analytics builds on our existing AdWords remarketing (mainly discussed in the post above), adding ease and sophistication to your remarketing efforts. With a simple and flexible user interface in Google Analytics, you can identify specific types of visitors and then deliver relevant ads to them across 2M+ websites within the Google Display Network. No separate remarketing tags are required; you only need your updated Google Analytics tracking code.
Here is a list of benefits:
- Leverage Remarketing to re-engage with site visitors and turn leads into sales
- Get more conversions by keeping your brand top of mind
- Easy setup: use your existing Google Analytics tracking code with a small code update
- Iterate quickly: create new lists in Google Analytics without making additional tracking code changes
- Target precise audiences: use familiar Google Analytics metrics such visit duration, pages visited, and goal completions to define remarketing lists
- Seamless integration with AdWords
To get started, make sure you meet the requirements.
Once you done with the basic settings, navigate to Admin tab of Google Analytics. Click on “Remarketing Lists” and get started today!