Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google partners message "Add text ads to each ad group"

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am getting a constant message to "Add text ads to each ad group" for the best practices section in my google partners interface and I can't get my google partners performance graph to go more towards 100%.

The message appears twice, even if I checked all active ad groups for text ads.

1) Do I have to insert text ads even in ad groups where I want only graphic banners ?

2) Paused ad groups with removed ads (so zero ads) count towards this check for "best practices" ?

3) Best practices are checked towards paused campaigns or ad groups, or towards ended campaigns ?

4) Did others get this message in their interface and how did you act on it ?

The linked material says 

"

Where to go from here

Create three to four ads per ad group, trying out different messages to see which performs the best with your clients' customers. AdWords can automatically show the better-performing ads within an ad group more often, removing the guesswork of which messages people find most compelling."

add-text-ads-to-each-ad-group.png

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google partners message "Add text ads to each ad group"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,
Obviously, you don't have to have text ads in every ad group.
You're partner profile is well above the required limit. You're not penalized for not being at 100%

Again, obviously, this is all automated and having text ads is in general a best practice and a requirement. I wouldn't worry too much about this. If you don't need text ads, just ignore the message.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dave,

Thank you for answering, I know I shouldn't worry about recommendations , but I have a personal ambition to move that green bar to a higher level and no matter what I optimize I can't seem to make it to 90 or 95 %

I understand that from the general point of view as long as the bar is green, worrying about getting a better score is a waste of time. 

I thought those recommendations point out something specific in the client accounts, something i can act upon, but it sounds as if those messages are there to be ignored Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian like Dale mentions it is not detrimental to your status yet I would make sure all accounts have at least 2 variations, plus a mobile ad variation. This might help take away the message. Good Luck!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Good point, thank you Trevor. I will update this thread if I manage to stop getting this type of suggestions.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Adrian,

The G Engineers have been working on revamping the Google Partners Portal for a few months now and projecting a few more months of work. The Green Bar is just one of the issues as well.

We all have the "Text Ads" message. Don't stress the Green Bar, as far as attempting 100%, it's a backend FIX- work in progress.

Do ahead and try Trevor's suggestions and see if that removes the messages, but I would not worry about it for now.

Eric Gehler
Google Partners Community Ambassador

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Wonderful information , thank you Eric. I will wait for the update then , I hope they will include numbers instead of the green bar to see a more clear benchmark so I can compete with my friends to which gets a better score Smiley Happy