Guide Me
star_border

Google is Paying with QS ...?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all,

WHY ..???/

Same Keywords, Same Ad Group, Same Campaign but Quality Score Different.

Q Score.pngBest Regards

Ramesh

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ramesh Bhatt
September 2015

Re: Google is Paying with QS ...?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
The reason I ask this is because account history does play a part in the initial establishing of hte Keyword QS. Thus a KW may have a QS of 10 based on its history as a KW, and when that KW is then added as a duplicate to the account at a later stage it could be given an initial QS of 7 based on other advertisers performance with that KW and your account history.

Alternatively, you could have different destination URL's set at the KW level which would affect QS.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

To be honest with you, I haven't done this ever (adding same keyword/same match type) within a single ad group Smiley Happy

You should also understand that till the time your keywords doesn't accrue some minimum impressions, the Quality Score assigned is not actually your account specific, but is based on how other advertisers have used that in the past.

I would suggest you not to follow such practices actually where duplicate keywords are added inside the account because that's against the best practices of AdWords optimization.

It's better if you can add different variation of keywords, use tightly theme based ad groups and optimize your account accordingly.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ramesh,

The first question that comes to mind is where those Keywords added at different times?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
The reason I ask this is because account history does play a part in the initial establishing of hte Keyword QS. Thus a KW may have a QS of 10 based on its history as a KW, and when that KW is then added as a duplicate to the account at a later stage it could be given an initial QS of 7 based on other advertisers performance with that KW and your account history.

Alternatively, you could have different destination URL's set at the KW level which would affect QS.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

To be honest with you, I haven't done this ever (adding same keyword/same match type) within a single ad group Smiley Happy

You should also understand that till the time your keywords doesn't accrue some minimum impressions, the Quality Score assigned is not actually your account specific, but is based on how other advertisers have used that in the past.

I would suggest you not to follow such practices actually where duplicate keywords are added inside the account because that's against the best practices of AdWords optimization.

It's better if you can add different variation of keywords, use tightly theme based ad groups and optimize your account accordingly.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks all