Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google does not show my ads - even with low competition

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone.

I encounter a strange behavior by my Google adwords account and I would like to share it with you and hear your ideas\suggestions.

I am currently running a test campaign in a relevant niche. I collected 30 long tail phrases (+broad) which have a low search volume and low competition.

Whenever I tried to search them I got only 3-4 ads from other advertisers.

I thought it was only logical to try and bid low for these keywords 0.1 and even less.

It's been 3 days, my ads are not showing due to low bid for first page which make no sense as the 1st page has 3-4 ads for each keyword.

Today I found that each keyword had another problem, not showing due to low rating Ad, these keywords have QS of 6-7  (not problems like low search volume).

one last thing,

these keywords also appear as negative on the main group so Google will not target them due to higher bidding.

What in your opinion can cause this?

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google does not show my ads - even with low competition

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Remove negative keywords.

As immediate response - select all keywords > Edit > Change max CPC > Change to first page bid.

It will change bid accordingly and will show your ads for sure on first page whenever somebody will search. By this you can easily estimate too about first page bid.

Hope it clarifies your query. Still Confused? Reply to this thread to help you better.

Regards,
Zippinder

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Zippinder,

The negative keywords are in a different adgroup than the one i am testing, it was just to make sure google will not target the same keywords with the low bid.

I dont want to let Google change my bid as i am trying to be on the 1st page and pay less.
the question is way Google doesnt allow my ads to appear with the low bid as there are almost no advertisers on the results page so basically there is a minimum price even if there is no competition.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'd say that there is no keyword that hasn't been bid on Adwords. So, though you might think that there is no competition - it  does exist "at the back".  The result is a threshold of  ad-rank that your ad must meet  in order to appear

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Thanx for correcting me - but to get idea if you are not getting a way to reach on first page - Est. First page bid will help in this circumstance.