AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google account manager for large AdWords accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not really sure which board to ask this question in. A company has hired me to manage their AdWords accounts, which they previously outsourced to an SEM company. In the past, for large accounts, I've always had a "dedicated" account manager with Google. (I've also had an account manager for smaller accounts, but I've found that the knowledge of the account managers for small accounts is not very impressive.) How do I go about getting an account manager that will work with me on these large accounts?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michelle,

You are advised to just be a bit patient, it is going to happen. As you are going ahead with the account accruing a respectable monthly spend over and over again and reach a threshold, a rep will initiate a contact with you via the email address associated with that account and/or your manager account to which the company's account is linked to.

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This self-promotional post has been edited by a Community Manager.

Please note that our Community Posting Guidelines ask that you do not promote any products or services here in the forum, even if AdWords related.

Repeated spam posts may result in suspension from this community forum.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ron,

Realizing that you are a globally recognized change management consultant, I'd like to answer with some extra caution to your post, factoring in that it is your very first post in this community. With due respect, this is what I need to say.

a. Please kindly do delete your email address from your post as it is in violation of community guidelines that you can find here: 

***   Community Guidelines   ***

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Community-Guidelines/Community-Guidelines/ba-p/475932

b. Avoiding self-promotion is also a requirement regarding regular forum members, as it is stipulated in above guidelines.

c. Machine learning, AI, and automatic optimization are probably not unique to any one company; they are, in fact, features that are also shared by a number of Google's automated bidding strategies. 

The above said I am pretty sure that lots of forum members would be highly interested in your expert opinion in a number of topics associated with automation or anything else you find appropriate. While I had to make the above comments, I do hope you'll be a long term member in this community.

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

To echo Lakatos - Google will definitely contact you. Its in their best interest to do so and they will make sure you are taken care of - but it may take a bit of time. You could try to call 866-2-google and ask for it specifically, but Im not sure it would help (but it may!). Good luck!