AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Google Website Optimizer Already Gone

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey All,

From what I understood, Website Optimizer would be removed from all AdWords accounts on August 1. I was digging into various accounts today in order to prepare for that switch, however Website Optimizer is no longer available, at least in my accounts. Nor has this data, for running or stopped experiments, been migrated into my Analytics accounts.

Therefore, I've lost all data for every experiment. Any thoughts or has anyone else run into the same issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BI 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Website Optimizer Already Gone

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Bluelon

Gone from my account as well..being relaunched as the "google analytics content experiments" in analytics starting 1 Aug..Amazing when google says that advertisers would be able to access website optimizer till Aug 1 and it suddenly vanishes off your account!!

I don't think any report would be migrated to analytics.

Re: Google Website Optimizer Already Gone

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi All,

Sorry to disappoint you.... but this was announced earlier....

Here's a mail I got from Google today..

================

Dear Google Website Optimizer user,

On June 1st, we announced  the launch of Content Experiments in Google Analytics.  We also announced that since we're integrating experimentation into Google Analytics, we will be sunsetting the standalone Google Website Optimizer on August 1st.

A few weeks ago, we sent you a notification that you are currently running at least one completed experiment that is configured to have Google Website Optimizer redirect your users from the original page to the winning variation.  This will be our last reminder that after August 1st, we will no longer do that redirection for you.  In order to ensure that your users are not negatively affected by the sunset of Google Website Optimizer, we strongly recommend that you follow these three simple steps at your earliest convenience:

1.  Remove the Google Website Optimizer tags from your website. 

2.  Update your original page to have it reflect the content of the winning variation.

3.  Redirect from the variation pages to the main page.  This ensures that users that have bookmarked the variation pages can still access your content.

We'd like to thank you for using Google Website Optimizer.  We hope that you'll start using Content Experiments within  Google Analytics as your new experimentation tool.  Please accept our apologies for any disruptions caused by the sunset of the standalone Google Website Optimizer.

Regards, 

Google Analytics Team

================

Happy new experimenting!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!